4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

i need help with my diablo tuner

Old 03-26-2007, 11:17 PM
sleeping stallion
4th Gear Member

Default i need help with my diablo tuner

ok i need help i got it off some guy on here and i have no instructions. how do i work this tuner.
do i plug it in while the car iss off or on
when im done using it do i leave it connected to the car or disconnect it or what can u ppl just tell me plz anyone i need to reset my speedo and turn my 02 sensors off how do i. i wanna get some hp out of it too
Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: i need help with my diablo tuner

turn the key to the on position do not start the car. plug it in and follow the directions on the screen
Old 03-26-2007, 11:42 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Here, make a copy of this.

http://www.diablosport.com/downloads...nual_U7146.pdf
Old 03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
sleeping stallion
4th Gear Member

hey its not letting me download it any things u can tell me here
Old 03-27-2007, 12:18 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: sleeping stallion

hey its not letting me download it any things u can tell me here
You have adobe reader 7.0?
Old 03-27-2007, 01:19 AM
sleeping stallion
4th Gear Member

yea i do but it just freezes can anyone just give me some quick info and how to
Old 03-27-2007, 01:45 AM
jst854
2nd Gear Member

Here you go, I copied and pasted most of the stuff from that site that you could not download from.
Important Note when adjusting fuel and timing.

Timing and fuel adjustments must be made with caution as improper adjustments can cause severe engine damage.
DiabloSport recommends that you adjust the fuel and timing parameter in small
increments and monitor for too lean/rich condition and spark detonation (pinging).
Fuel mixture can be monitored on a dyno with a/f monitoring or with a wideband 02 system.
Timing and spark detonation can be monitored by audible knock or in Predator by observing timing; a good sign of detonation is if the timing starts to decrease
rapidly.
DiabloSport will not be held responsible for vehicles with modified parameters since we are not present to monitor the adjusted parameters. We recommend that this should be left untouched by inexperienced users.
OBD II Diagnostic Port Location

Mustang OBD-II Port Location
Driver center console side.
Please read through the manual before installing any tuneinto your vehicle - failure to follow proper instructions can resultin a damaged or disabled ECU (Engine Control Unit).User
must ensure that the original Ford Factory Tune is in the vehicle’s ECU before installing the DiabloSport tune. (Ford dealer re-flashes are the same as Factory Tune).Serious engine damage can occur if the Predator tune is installed over a non-factory/aftermarket performance tune.Very important!Do not perform any operations on Predator (except livedata diagnostics) while vehicle is running. The vehicle mustbe parked and engine OFF.[font=eejcin+futura-condensedoblique,futura]
• Always have all the doors closed while installing the DiabloSport Performance Tune, and keep them closed until the process is complete. • Do not activate any electrical accessories while installing the DiabloSport Performance Tune. Ensure that there are no electronic add on parts* wired or plugged into the vehicle that can cause a substantial voltage drop when activated during installation of the DiabloSport Performance Tune. Please contact DiabloSport if you are uncertain about devices that are on your vehicle. • Certain cellular phones or radio equipment might also cause interference. Please remove or turn such devices off. • Do not try to install any tune on a vehicle with a low battery voltage - charge your battery if necessary. • Unless instructed, never turn the ignition key OFF while the Predator is plugged into diagnostic port. • Do not unplug the Predator while it is installing the DiabloSport Performance Tune or the Original Backup.

Preparing the Vehicle for Tune Installation

*Important Note:
All electronic aftermarket add-on parts: • tach • electrical fans • shift light • audio/video equip.• gauges • [font=eejcin+futura-condensedoblique,futura][size=3]trailer/ tow accy.Can create a potential power draw.Any change in voltage during Flash programming procedures WILL interrupt the writing process.Please disconnect or disable any such add on part.
In the event of such an occurrence, unplug the tool, wait 5 seconds and then plug it back in. The tool will recognize that a interrupted writing error has occurred and will automatically install the original back up. The vehicle is now in its original state.Please attempt to locate the voltage draw before Predator is used again.
Please feel free to contact DiabloSport directly at any time with questions related to this process. 561-908-0040IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO CONTACT THE VEHICLE MANUFACTURER SHOULD SUCH ERRORS OCCUR. ALL AND ANY COSTS RELATED TO SUCH ACTIONS ARE NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF DIABLOSPORT OR ITS DEALERS.
The Predator contains a predefined DiabloSport tune, that has been thoroughly tested and approved by DiabloSport. You have a choice of either installing the DiabloSport Tune "as-is" into your vehicle, or customizing it to your personal taste.
Both cases are described in the following sections.
If you are satisfied with your factory tuned vehicle and only have a desire to modify a parameter or two (example: change gear ratio), you might want to read the chapter ‘Customizing the Factory Tune’.
Before you install any tune into your vehicle, when you use the Predator for the first time, it will read the Original Factory Tune out of your vehicle and permanently store it in its memory. This process takes a minute or two. For safety reasons, there is no way to overwrite this backup memory and therefore the Predator becomes ‘married’ to, and only to, your vehicle until original backup is restored.
If there is ever a need to send the Predator back to DiabloSport, for any reason, the Factory Tune must be put back into your vehicle, as described in the section ‘Putting-back the Original Factory Backup’, otherwise your Predator will not be accepted back by the reseller. To find out, which tune was last written to your vehicle, see the section ‘Predator Options / Show Last Tune Written’.

About DiabloSport Performance Tunes

Diablo Tune:
Designed to add power and torque for a stock to mildly modified vehicle.
Original Backup
: Restore the original Factory Backup and reset the tool for use on another vehicle.NOTE: WHEN CHANGING HP TUNES, THERE IS NO NEED TO RESTORE FACTORY TUNE BEFORE INSTALLING A NEW(DIFFERENT) HP TUNE. YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO RESET PARAMETERS PRESS YES OR NO AS YOU DESIRE.[font=eejcin+futura-condensedoblique,futura][size=2]
*Premium grade unleaded fuel must be used for all PREDATOR applications; AMOCO, MOBIL, SUNOCO fuels are recommended.
NOTE: For vehicles running in areas where only 91 octane is available (ex. CA & AZ) We recommend that you monitor your vehicle for detonation (Pinging), which is common when using lower quality fuels. If detonation occurs please go and "Modify Tune" and adjust the "Spark Advance" to 10% retard in both ranges and if necessary go even higher in the % retard to eliminate the detonation.
The very first time the Predator is used on a vehicle it will automatically create a backup of the original factory tune.
The original factory tune can not be erased until it is restored back into vehicle, whenever the original factory tune is installed back into vehicle the Predator will automatically reset itself so it can be used on other vehicles or the same vehicle again.
1) Backing up original tune
A)
Press "Performance Tune[size=3
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 AM
sleeping stallion
4th Gear Member

when im done using it do i just turn the key off or how do i do with that do i leave it pluged in or what i already downloaded the manaul but still need more info
Old 03-27-2007, 01:59 AM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

get in your car and turn radio, a/c etc off. Plug in your tuner with the ignition off, not on. The tuner will tell you the rest. It's not difficult. If you want, I can copy my instruction book and mail it to you. No charge of course!
Old 03-28-2007, 02:16 AM
sleeping stallion
4th Gear Member

oh thanks man i got it to work this morning so far i turn the rear sensors off and recalibrated my speedo/
for the ppl with this tuner what else can u do like im new to this i dont wanna hurt the engine.
i have a auto and i have heard that u can set that up to but how i no how to get to the menu but what numbers or what do i do

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i need help with my diablo tuner