4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

GT or a Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:38 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT or a Cobra

ORIGINAL: bjh061487

dumb and i hate when kids get cobra rims for the GT... you are just saying you got something that you don't and when you perform like **** at the track or even against another car you are going to feel like ****
How is putting Cobra rims on saying your a Cobra? If you have the SVT or the snake(like me) than yes... you are a poser... but just the rims?? ABSURD! Then most this forum is posers cause most have SOME type of part from another Mustang on thier car... IE: Bullett rims, Mach 1 grill delete, Cobra front bumper, Various Saleen/Roush parts, etc. etc.

I myself was very against putting Cobraemblems on the car if it wasnt a Cobra... but my friend bought a car with them and the bumpers on it... it grew on me and I ended up buying the car from him... I had a choice... Cobra clone yes.. or Cobra clone no... unfortunatley i went with Cobra clone yes and proceded to buy the cluster, air bag, SVT center caps, etc. I got to where I was going to get the Taillights, and that is where I seriously re-thought my decision... good thing too cause I bid on many sets on eBay! After giving it alot of thought I decided to De-clone the car... although I am keeping the front bumper, and I am getting an 03/04 cobra bumper and shaving the letters off! I am also shaving ALL the emblems off! No GT... No Cobra... NONE!

If you want a Cobra go buy one! There is no other reason to make it a clone other than to get looks and make people think it is a Cobra! I learned the hard way but before it was to late! Learn from my mistake! Although.... if you aREALLY want a clone... I am selling parts here and there when I get replacements!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:23 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

+1 Smallfeesh,
You are ok with any kind of rims you want........Just dont' wear the wrong badge.....!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 06:35 AM
04SBGT
2nd Gear Member

I have cobra rims..pretty sure im not posing!!! thus i would have a big *** GT badge on the back of my car.. seeing as how it wouldnt make since to put GT badges on a cobra.. your opinion is yours.. but im just here to tell you i think its ****... thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

I think its ****ing gay, thats what I think.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:15 AM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04SBGT

I have cobra rims..pretty sure im not posing!!! thus i would have a big *** GT badge on the back of my car.. seeing as how it wouldnt make since to put GT badges on a cobra.. your opinion is yours.. but im just here to tell you i think its ****... thanks
Well no sh*t ,
if you read my statement correctly, it states that YOU CAN HAAAVE ANNY RIIIMMS YOOOU WANNT AND YOU ARE NOT A POSER.......just dont change your emblem..............
Old 03-29-2007, 09:45 AM
xcodegt
3rd Gear Member

i've got a cobra r hood, '03 cobra bumpers,03 cobra wheels,03 cobra sideskirts, and 03 cobra decklid, and you sure as hell won't see snake emblems on it because it's not a 4-valve. I just like the way terminators look, that doesn't mean that i'm trying to make it something it's not.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:02 AM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

I think its ****ing gay, thats what I think.
My teacher used to always tell me not to say "i think" because more than likely if you say it, you think it. OOOOO SCHOOL'D SON -.-
hahah

Anyways, no.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

would you put ferrari decals on your gt? no because its not a ferrari. So should you put cobra badges on it, not cause its not a cobra
That like those ferrari conversion kits ,what was that car they used to do them to it was some kind of pontiac..Ah the fiero.... LOL thats ghetto
Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

imo... the way your car looks is your own... if you like the Cobra body kit - then put it on. If you like the Cobra motor swap it in. but unless you have a SVT build certificate you should not have Cobra anywhere on your car period.

It doesn't matter what motor you have or what your car looks like. You could do a full cobra swap, but If your car wasn't built by SVT you DO NOT HAVE A COBRA. Period.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Don't do it. It is posing. Cobra rims are OK IMHO but, dont tell people you have a cobra. If you get beat, that person will tell everyone how slow cobras are since they "beat a cobra."

The cobra look is ok but, cobra or SVT shouldn't be on your vehicle at all.

Quick Reply: GT or a Cobra