4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

just making sure...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: just making sure...

Whoever says they don't do much for you is making a damn fool out of themselves. I most definitely felt a difference with my Accufab combo. Mind you they cost around $450 or so, which is nearing the not-so-worth it range, but it definitely does make a difference. The way I see it is, if you are running out of bolt-ons to do, and can find one used, then definitely get it. I always see used tb/plenums on here (Accufab!!), so get you one. Now, if you're contemplating new, then damnit son get gears and don't look back.

You know my car Billay, and you know my numbers. Something had to make her gain what she did, and I'm sure changing the entire intake path (external to the engine) had a lot to do with it. Wide open intake/exhaust is where it's at boiiiiiii.

Jake
Old 03-29-2007, 05:16 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

In my opinion, if you are going to lightly mod your car then yes it is a waste of money.

If you are going full bolt ons (including cams and possibly stage 2 heads) then they will help and by how much is debatable.

FI: almost mandatory if you want to realize the full potential.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheMustangLoveR

Whoever says they don't do much for you is making a damn fool out of themselves. I most definitely felt a difference with my Accufab combo. Mind you they cost around $450 or so, which is nearing the not-so-worth it range, but it definitely does make a difference. The way I see it is, if you are running out of bolt-ons to do, and can find one used, then definitely get it. I always see used tb/plenums on here (Accufab!!), so get you one. Now, if you're contemplating new, then damnit son get gears and don't look back.

You know my car Billay, and you know my numbers. Something had to make her gain what she did, and I'm sure changing the entire intake path (external to the engine) had a lot to do with it. Wide open intake/exhaust is where it's at boiiiiiii.

Jake
No offense but go to another shop next time. There is no way you are making 274 rwhp with a CAI/TB/Plenum/Exhaust(Don't even have LTs)/UDPs. You "gained" 50 rwhp with 5 bolt ons? Don't think so.

Don't buy a TB/Plenum combo it's useless right now. Do what I did...gears/exhaust(for the sound) and skip the rest of the BS and go straight for the 100 shot
Old 03-29-2007, 05:23 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

im not saying you wont see a difference.. im saying you wont see a difference that matters in terms of HP and torque, however throttle response will be greatly improved. the tb and plenum combo really isnt necessary yet if you want to make better numbers.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:27 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

Jake
oh yeah, jake i forgot to tell you...there is this thread a few pages back of this kids dyno runs...he made only like 10 more horse power than you did with your mods plus cams....sooooooo.......like we've talked about buy that blower and i will cry in happyness every time i ride in your car

btw, is michaels tb&p from william or do you think william will sell me his tb&p?

soaped,

bill
Old 03-29-2007, 05:30 PM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quick Shot xMLx

Jake
No offense but go to another shop next time. There is no way you are making 274 rwhp with a CAI/TB/Plenum/Exhaust(Don't even have LTs)/UDPs. You "gained" 50 rwhp with 5 bolt ons? Don't think so.

Don't buy a TB/Plenum combo it's useless right now. Do what I did...gears/exhaust(for the sound) and skip the rest of the BS and go straight for the 100 shot

I got it dyno'd two times in two weeks, at two different places.

On one tune it made 265/300 at one shop, and 264/301 at another shop.

One shop (PSI motorsports) In League City, Texas is known to be a very reputable shop and they are known to be awesome tuners. Regardless, the 2nd shop got the same numbers, so now we can pretty much assume they are solid numbers.

So on the other tune I got 269 and something like 306 ft/lbs...the corrected numbers are what you see in my sig.

And as to the horsepower/numbers game...that's all good and nice, but after driving my car after the TB/Plenum went on, I remember thinking to my self WOW that was worth it!!! Hence, I, in my ever so humble and honest opinion, think it is worth it.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:33 PM
TheMustangLoveR
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

Jake
oh yeah, jake i forgot to tell you...there is this thread a few pages back of this kids dyno runs...he made only like 10 more horse power than you did with your mods plus cams....sooooooo.......like we've talked about buy that blower and i will cry in happyness every time i ride in your car

btw, is michaels tb&p from william or do you think william will sell me his tb&p?

soaped,

bill
lol I agree bro, I should save up to get blown.

As for William...his car my look just like a poor GT, seats and all, but I think you forgot something...it's got not one, not two, not three...wait three? No not three, but four valves. LOL just playin, it'sa 4v remember? And yea, Michael got it from him.
Old 03-29-2007, 05:46 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

how much does the tb/plenum combo help with boost?
Old 03-29-2007, 06:09 PM
99mustanggtdude

i agree with everybody here that says the hp #'s are weak with the bolt ons... by looking at my sig i only dyno'd at 255 rwhp... thats only like 15 extra than i had with only the intake and flow's... ill say it to whoever will listen...go F/I for goodness sake....it will save you a bunch of disapointment in the long run!!!!