4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

blown blues...Rate your experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:05 PM
xander0561
3rd Gear Member

Default blown blues...Rate your experience

Does anyone just feel poor sometimes. I see everyones super*charged monstersI feel like I'm missin out on something. haha [&:]But I guess with more power comes + more break downs + more gas + more tires + more tickets [:'(]+ more speed Tellthe audiencehow you like your Blower and let me know if its worth it. *** remember rate it with (gas milage , reliablity , noise , comfort)***
Old 03-29-2007, 11:09 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: blown blues...Rate your experience

i wouldnt trade my blower for anything. other than a bigger blower. i absolutely luv mine, gas mileage doesnt suffer till you lay the hammer down, and its great to blow peoples doors off unexpectedly. you honestly dont hear it unless your at idle. that should be your first mod.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:10 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xander0561

Does anyone just feel poor sometimes. I see everyones super*charged monstersI feel like I'm missin out on something. haha [&:]But I guess with more power comes + more break downs + more gas + more tires + more tickets [:'(]+ more speed Tellthe audiencehow you like your Blower and let me know if its worth it. *** remember rate it with (gas milage , reliablity , noise , comfort)***
Gas mileage for me is honestly about the same, as long as I don't romp on it all the time she's fine, noise is even better, and as far as comfort goes it's very comfortable. It's like driving a whole new car. Although with more horsepower more stuff breaks but that's all in fun. Right now I'm trying to diagnose whatever the F*& is wrong with my suspension.
Overall I would rate my car/blower at about a 9 or 10. To me there are no disadvantages to it really.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:12 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

I definitely love myblower although i cant say its the best thing i ever did, cuz now i just wanna spend more money. Its like The Mod bug bit me in the ***. ever since i have gone FI its opened a world of possibilities and i just wanna spend money i dont have. its good and bad i guess. Gas mileage is only slightly worse than before if you dont have a lead foot. its just as reliable, and comfortable. But its definitely loud, very loud, there is nothin sleeper about it
Old 03-29-2007, 11:13 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jpmustanggt

Gas mileage for me is honestly about the same, as long as I don't romp on it all the time she's fine, noise is even better, and as far as comfort goes it's very comfortable. It's like driving a whole new car. Although with more horsepower more stuff breaks but that's all in fun. Right now I'm trying to diagnose whatever the F*& is wrong with my suspension.
Overall I would rate my car/blower at about a 9 or 10. To me there are no disadvantages to it really.
other than the fact that i wish i had my motor completely built so i could up the boost.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:16 PM
xander0561
3rd Gear Member

Thanks guys, what kind of blower is the best choice (Example : Roots, KB)
Old 03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys, what kind of blower is the best choice (Example : Roots, KB)
That all depends on what you want from the car. I have the sq which is a great starter blower, but if you wanna up the boost you could upgrade to a t-trim, novi 2000, a big kb.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:25 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

personally i like the vortech, prochargers are capable of a bit more boost but thats not to say the Vortech T-trim isnt makin big power also. KB's are a great choice but just didnt fit my needs. the centri blower drives almost like stock till you floor it. then the monster is alive. the centri also starts really making boost at 3000 and just pulls all the way to redline. just decide what you want for your car and then go from there.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:49 PM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

Believe me the K/B drives like a stock mustang when its in bypassthe main difference is you do not have to wait for rpm to produce boost.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:08 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

cahtr6 what do you numbers look like???

Quick Reply: blown blues...Rate your experience