4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

made a few passes on the ET streets! (with videos)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:33 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default made a few passes on the ET streets! (with videos)

Welll, I went to the local 1/8th mile track tonight and ran my car with the ET streets I bought. They hook great! I kept like 16 lb of air in them because I didn't really want them to hook too hard and leave axles on the track.

I left the line at 3000 on the SCT 2 step the first couple times Then ditched the tune ( has neutral rev limit max at 3500 though it bounces off 3000) and lauched it at 4000 er so. It spun a very little but I am certain if I dropped the air psi they would have hooked.

I went a best of 8.74 @ 79.23 with a 1.83 60 footer. I believe with less air in the tires and a 5000rpm launch it would go 8.60's anyway, if the car didn't break.

I made a pass with my sumitomo 315s and ran a 9.6 The track was pretty crappy, even hitting 4th gear with the sumitomo's It spun forever. I ran a best of 8.8 before on street tires. So to me this says that my times on the ET streets will also improve some what on a better track.

The car I was racing is a bolt on gt 5 speed with cams... It went a best of 8.8 with my tires.. I think one of the cams isn't degreed right, cuz it should be quicker

With SCT tune 3000rpm 2 step launch:

with SCT tune 3000rpm 2 step launch:

Without SCT tune. 4000 er so launch:

Sumitomo 315/35/17s 2000 rpm launch, spun most the way: (left side of time slip)

Sorry the videos get blurry... they were made with a digital camera and sometimes when you change the focus point distance in the dark it gets fuzzy, especially with street lights around. Its wierd.

Videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaIect2fxkE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbWnLoSkTgg

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=2019232837

Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: made a few passes on the ET streets! (with videos)

Nice.

Honsestly though, I would have thought you would have dipped into the 1.7s with those tires and a 4k RPM launch. Sucks having stock axles doesn't it?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Nice.

Honsestly though, I would have thought you would have dipped into the 1.7s with those tires and a 4k RPM launch. Sucks having stock axles doesn't it?
I don't know how much experience Quiktime has with launching on real sticky tires but that 60' is nice. He could go way lower than a 1.7 on the ET streets. My buddy runs MT d/r's and has had a best 60' of 1.61 with a 7.20 1/8th mile ET in an 04 Cobra with a solid rear axle. On ET streets and a 5k launch he rockets out with 1.5x 60' times and 7.0x ET's.

I am still getting used to launching with sticky tires. Tough to get the clutch out and gas pedal down just right to keep from bogging. The best 60' I have turned to date has been a 1.80. I think my 3.27 (stock) gears are causing some of the headaches. Here's a vid of my buddy's terminator. I'm 95% sure these runs were on ET Streets. I know he runs them often.
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3...COBRA_0003.flv
Quiktime, nice runs!!! DSG FTW!!!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Yeah.. I was hoping for a better 60' time too.. But like I say the track was ****ty. This was my first time out on any kind of sticky tire too.

With a higher rpm launch, I believe it would pull way harder off the line if I let the psi down, but like I say I'm just a little iffy right now with the stock stuff.

I had my mind set on a nitrous kit, but I think I may go with 31 spline axles carrier and a spec stage 2. Hell, might as well through a NX kit on top of that too, hehe!

I'd like to see a 8.3- 8.4 time or a 12.9999999 in the 1/4 on motor. I'm going to beech bend next week, I'm going to try to get my tune straightened out, take tools to remove seats and stuff, leave the front sway bar at home, leave the line hard and hope for the best. I believe it will go 13.2s -13.4's anyway. If I multiply 8.74 x 1.54 that comes out to a 13.4 pass..

Old 03-31-2007, 10:28 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

You'll get there. My launches are progressively getting better. Maybe I'll see you at NMRA finals this fall. Bowling Green (Beech Bend) isn't but 2.5-3 hours from me. How close to Lexington are you? I'm up thataway every now and then. Next time I'll shoot you a PM. I'd like to run at Beech Bend sometime.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04mineralgreyGT

You'll get there. My launches are progressively getting better. Maybe I'll see you at NMRA finals this fall. Bowling Green (Beech Bend) isn't but 2.5-3 hours from me. How close to Lexington are you? I'm up thataway every now and then. Next time I'll shoot you a PM. I'd like to run at Beech Bend sometime.
Yeah sweet. Beech bend is about an hour from my house. I live in Columbia about half way inbetween bowling green and somerset. You'll probably see me at nmra finals... but I probably wont be runnin my car. It wouldn't be cool having the slowest car in the pack! []
Old 04-01-2007, 09:24 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

ORIGINAL: 04mineralgreyGT

Yeah sweet. Beech bend is about an hour from my house. I live in Columbia about half way inbetween bowling green and somerset. You'll probably see me at nmra finals... but I probably wont be runnin my car. It wouldn't be cool having the slowest car in the pack! []
I never run when I go to NMRA. I just go and hang out. I gotta couple buddies that run in it tho. The cruise-ins out in town are the best part minus the swap meet.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

[/quote]

I never run when I go to NMRA. I just go and hang out. I gotta couple buddies that run in it tho. The cruise-ins out in town are the best part minus the swap meet.
[/quote]

Cool.. Yeah we've went for the last 2 years... and during that weekend, in bowling green there are mustangs everywhere. Every stop light you come up to you are sitting in a group of mustangs. Its really cool.

Yea the swap meet is a good place to find some killer deals..

and don't forget the free posters, Nitto sticky pads, and JLP circle stickers that fit right down in a cub holder! hehe
Old 04-01-2007, 09:33 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

All the Mustangs in the birthplace of all modern vettes. Gotta love it. I, unfortunately, haven't been since '04. I am taking annual leave this year.

Back on topic, your times are good. Slap you a huffer on there and they'll be awesome! BTW I love the Cobra front clip!
Old 04-01-2007, 11:10 AM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

what suspension and gears are you running? with a little practice you should get those 60' down. If you are looking for a built read I got a package deal from www.bbandtracing.com when I got mine (couple years ago) they had the best deal around. I got an Eaton posi with mine, I don't see that package but I'm sure they still have it.

Quick Reply: made a few passes on the ET streets! (with videos)