4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A little Bumboclaat Update....

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:58 AM
Clutch_2000GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A little Bumboclaat Update....

Wow dude, congrats man. Sure looks like you did it the right way. That mod list gave me goosebumps....enjoy your "new" ride
Old 04-03-2007, 01:23 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BraMas

I'm sorry but 4 month seems like a long time to have your car. You are way to patient I could never be that long without my car. Another reason to do everything yourself
friggin.... patience is a virtue....
Old 04-03-2007, 01:59 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Bumboclaat comes home and the Silver Bucket takes her place in THR's shop.
i heard they are already reserving test runs at the drag strip with the bucket... i was told its 10 bucks per run for each person.. i already have my ticket for it too, seems like kindaa rip off though...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:02 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

ORIGINAL: 97modifiedmustangGT

I have heard a lot about BUMBOCLAAT but don't know too much about it. So if you don't mind, what exactly is your setup? Is the car in your sig Bumboclaat or is that your other car?

OT but is THR reallylocated in El paso like I have been hearing? I was just down there and if I knew I would have stopped by.[:@]
Answer to the last question.... Yes Texas Hot Rods is located in the city of El Paso at the very tip of the Lone Star State! Very good shop and very good prices. They install what they sell and also do shipping.

And the BUMBOCLAAT is the car in the sig. Although she will be nothing like her. The mod list is as follows with a little bit of misc missing....

1) Built 283 motor with fordged rods, beams, pistons, etc..... The Crank is nodular iron which is good for upwards of 650rwhp but I've heard stories of them going towards 700rwhp without giving up. VT Blower Stage II blower cams have also been added to the mix!!!!

2) Procharger P-1 Stage 2 supercharger with 3-core intercooler and running at 12 PSI.

3) Texas Hot Rods Alliumin Intake Manifold for F/I applicatios.

4) 75MM Throttle body and 90mm MAF.

5) Mac Long Tube headers, X-Pipe, and SLP Loudmouth II cat-backs

6) 90/10 Drag Struts, lakewood 50/50 shocks, Ebiach Lowering Springs, Shark Caster Camber plates, and Lakewood Upper and Lower control arms.

7) Spec stage II clutch, with stock Flywheel (for now) and rebuilt 3650 tranny with MGW shiffter (TKO 500 coming soon!)

8) Texas Hot Rod's custom tune with "switch chip" technology. Meaning I can store multiple tunes on the car depending on varying driving conditions and fuel. Can be done at the "flip" of a switch.

9) More minor things to list but.... you get the point! lol. CNC Stage II heads along with 8 rib pulley system for the P-1 to push her to 16 psi without going D-1. Who needs 700rwhp anyway? lol
not bad of a list at all... what will the heads be flowing? also... what is the advantage of the 8 rib compared to say the 6 rib RR pulley??
Old 04-03-2007, 02:22 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

hey let me know when you are going to dezert demonz, i will be sure to make it out! last time i was at thr i did not see your carro.

i'm going to hopefully bolt on my procharger in may after shcool isout then limp it down to thr for some tuning. i think it will be sweet!
Old 04-03-2007, 02:33 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

I have heard a lot about BUMBOCLAAT but don't know too much about it. So if you don't mind, what exactly is your setup? Is the car in your sig Bumboclaat or is that your other car?

OT but is THR reallylocated in El paso like I have been hearing? I was just down there and if I knew I would have stopped by.[:@]
Answer to the last question.... Yes Texas Hot Rods is located in the city of El Paso at the very tip of the Lone Star State! Very good shop and very good prices. They install what they sell and also do shipping.

And the BUMBOCLAAT is the car in the sig. Although she will be nothing like her. The mod list is as follows with a little bit of misc missing....

1) Built 283 motor with fordged rods, beams, pistons, etc..... The Crank is nodular iron which is good for upwards of 650rwhp but I've heard stories of them going towards 700rwhp without giving up. VT Blower Stage II blower cams have also been added to the mix!!!!

2) Procharger P-1 Stage 2 supercharger with 3-core intercooler and running at 12 PSI.

6) 90/10 Drag Struts, lakewood 50/50 shocks, Ebiach Lowering Springs, Shark Caster Camber plates, and Lakewood Upper and Lower control arms.

7) Spec stage II clutch, with stock Flywheel (for now) and rebuilt 3650 tranny with MGW shiffter (TKO 500 coming soon!)

8) Texas Hot Rod's custom tune with "switch chip" technology. Meaning I can store multiple tunes on the car depending on varying driving conditions and fuel. Can be done at the "flip" of a switch.

9) More minor things to list but.... you get the point! lol. CNC Stage II heads along with 8 rib pulley system for the P-1 to push her to 16 psi without going D-1. Who needs 700rwhp anyway? lol
not bad of a list at all... what will the heads be flowing? also... what is the advantage of the 8 rib compared to say the 6 rib RR pulley??
Right now they got the stock PI heads on there or whatever the 03 and 04 GTs had over the other GTs in the past.

As far as the 8 rib and 6 rib pulleys.... After around 12 PSI pulley, (I forget the actual pulley diameter) the belt will start to slip because of the speed it will be running. An 8 rib pulley is wider and therefore will hold better. Trust me, nothing kills boost more then a slip from the pulley. And it sounds terrible to! lol
Old 04-03-2007, 02:34 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: geetee03

hey let me know when you are going to dezert demonz, i will be sure to make it out! last time i was at thr i did not see your carro.

i'm going to hopefully bolt on my procharger in may after shcool isout then limp it down to thr for some tuning. i think it will be sweet!
Fo Sho! Can't wait to see what you'll be running. Did Brian try and talk you into buying the motor set up that I got yet? lol
Old 04-03-2007, 02:53 AM
iowanine
3rd Gear Member

When you get down here, I'd leave to see that before you go. Maybe you can blow everyone here at the drag away.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:57 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

Right now they got the stock PI heads on there or whatever the 03 and 04 GTs had over the other GTs in the past.

As far as the 8 rib and 6 rib pulleys.... After around 12 PSI pulley, (I forget the actual pulley diameter) the belt will start to slip because of the speed it will be running. An 8 rib pulley is wider and therefore will hold better. Trust me, nothing kills boost more then a slip from the pulley. And it sounds terrible to! lol
yea, i cant wait to see how much belt slip i get with my 2.80 pulley i am wanting to put on my blower... lol.... it is good for 17-20 psi i am told...
Old 04-03-2007, 03:02 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Sounds like its gonna be a beast! What heads/Cams/Intake combo are you running, and what boost #s? Good luck!

Quick Reply: A little Bumboclaat Update....