4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Added a few things...(PICS)>>

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 02:04 AM
the_most_wanted
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Added a few things...(PICS)>>

Cobra where is that Shop located in CA and how much was it? Also do they only carry Mustang Parts...Ive heard of GTR Performance but not GRC...
Old 04-03-2007, 02:08 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

fog lights do look retarded, fix the stockers or take them out or something! (just what i think - don't get mad)

i really like the look of your car; i thought about doing something like what you did with your shiftboot, thanx for posting.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:11 AM
yourmom6990
4th Gear Member

damn i really like that second set of fog lights.

what size are those?
Old 04-03-2007, 02:31 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Yeah see, I get lots of mixed opinions about them. When I see other GT's, I hate them, but alone, I love em!!!

themostwanted, the shop is in Mission Viejo, about 5 minutes from my house. They carry EVERYTHING for late model Mustangs, Corvettes, and Vipers, I think. If they don't have it, they order it from wherever they carry the part.I'm so glad I found it because every other shop is like 40 miles away.

They also have a DynoJet for $55.00 !!!!! I think it's $150.00 for a tune and Dyno.

yourmom, I'm not sure what size they are, but I can go out an measure them tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2007, 02:34 AM
mex69
2nd Gear Member

how did you do the shift boot.. im looking into buying a shortshifter in a month or soo and i want the MGW and i saw that cliffy something has his done and i wanted to do it, and seeing urs makes me wanna do it fa sure.. so do you have a how to on it or anything????
Old 04-03-2007, 02:44 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

I'm glad you asked that.

heres the steps I took...

1. Bought 1 yard of fake leather (pleather) from Joan's etc. (fabric store)
2. Went home, took out the plastic panel that holds the factory boot in place.
3. Removed the metallic ring that is glued to factory boot, and the plastic panel
4. Put the metallic ring on the backside of the pleather, and drew a ring around it about 1.5 inches larger, but the same proportions to allow play in the shifter.
5.Then I cut out the larger ring of pleather I drew on the pleather.
6. Made a cut from the bottom or top of the elliptical ring, doesn't matter, to the center of the oval ring.
7. Then I made 2 more cuts on either side of the first cut to make a ring shape with a slice cut out.
8. I then put the 2 ends together, and formed a sort of lip underneath, and stapled them together, to make a sort of stitch.
9. I then removed the factory shift boot, and siliconed the metallic ring to the pleather, and the pleather to the plastic panel.
10. Then I put the panel back on, and slipped the top of the MGW into the center of the hole where I made the cuts.
11. Put the MGW handle on, and tighten everything.

Sorry it's very vague, but I kinda winged it, so I'm hoping you get the general idea. It isn't that difficult. I just used regular staples to create that stitch, but you can actually sew it. I didn't have the supplies and did it the ghetto way, lol.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

I like the ducktail spoiler! Car looks pretty clean!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:17 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Thanks! Dude, I gotta say, you're car is wayyyyy awesome. I saw those pics earlier, but didn't post. That shaker just gives it the edge. Looks great.I wish I lived closer, I'd buy your hood and bumper.

The spoiler is actually off an 03/04 Cobra. I like it because it's definately unique.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:23 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

WTF is wrong with gray? I think yellow is ghey!
which grey though is the question? lol... mineral or DSG... i have mineral, but i love both.. the DSG is alittle more favored by me though..
Old 04-03-2007, 03:27 AM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

psssshhhh.....who cares!!! I hate them ALL!!!!

Nahh j/k. I like the DSG more, but I wouldn't buy a grey car if I could help it. Insurance is higher because it blends with the asphalt. So thats why I'm 16 and pay $115 for insurance...

Quick Reply: Added a few things...(PICS)>>