4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Twin turbo non pi track vid.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:03 PM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Twin turbo non pi track vid.

the 60ft, nor the ET is based on when you leave off the line, those clocks are only started once the front tire begins to roll
Old 04-03-2007, 06:07 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yoteehunter

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

How much rwhp?
405rwhp 427ftlbs.

I posted a sheet on a thread a while back that sheet was from the third to the last run. Anyways please feel free to through all the ideas you can at me about what to do for launching. I like the idea of taller slicks and stiffer gears, I just have to not go to steep because the turbos like to spool under load and gears will take away from that a bit. Maybe like 3.55 or with same size tire just shorter rim like welds or soomthing. My dad is reading up on suspension, he will be helping me sort that out since I somehow neglected it while I was building the turbo system.....lol $$$$$
I don't know where to begin without sounding like a d!ck but I'll try...
I never beat on my car (I tell everone I drive it like a girl) and I ran a 13.3 @ 104 with no real HP boltons (230hp) with stock control arms, I did get the power to the ground and that's what it's all about. And on a 100 shot I still had less HP than you and would run 12.0's all day and trapped @ 116mph.
As for a taller slick, only move up to a taller slick when you NEED (which you don't)it or it will slow you down. If you are not running out of gear or in need of a taller sidewall for some extra hook than don't do it.
The best thing you can do is concentrate on making yourself a better racer and geeting the power to the ground. Remember that once you put the power to the ground things start to break (clutch, torque boxes, axle tubes and the list goes on.)
Old 04-03-2007, 06:39 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96 myztic

the 60ft, nor the ET is based on when you leave off the line, those clocks are only started once the front tire begins to roll
He had started rolling, but there wasn't much more throttle response... Also, the front tire IS the line, as long as both lights are on...

JT
Old 04-03-2007, 06:41 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

maybe a pi swap??
Old 04-03-2007, 06:44 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

I forgot to mention.. You won't build boost by just launching at a given RPM.. Remember, turbos only build boost when there is load introduced, since you need a good amount of exhaust velocity to spin that bastard enough...

I asked about the ignition system, but MSD has the ones that you can change your Rev-limiter, to an effective RPM that you want to launch at... It's also known as a Stutterbox, or.. I can't remember the other name... You'd just sit w/ your clutch down, and the car floored, and when the lights come down, just dump the clutch... I've you've got good slicks, or tires, then the car will stick and you'll be fine...

But nothing beats practice.. I'd say by the end of the summer, if you go at least once a week, then you'll easily have low 12's..

JT
Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

why are you doing a burnout with street tires. it is hurting you in the traction part
Old 04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

No pics of the Turbos? They were pretty silent..
lol silent on the outside but in the car damn it sounds like your on a jet plane. Im kinda glad the exhaust drowns out there noise a bit it makes it even more sleeperish.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:43 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: GodAmGT00

How about not sleeping at the line?? [8D]

The best thing, especially when you're traction limited, is to jump at the last yellow light.. I know, I know, it's been said before, but that's a sure way of making sure your tires are planted by the green.. On top of that, when you get better tires, you can start launching at a much higher RPM..

What kind of ignition do you have??

I wasnt sleeping .....each time I was slipping the clutch.....trying different rpm and not paying much attention to what the other guy was doing really I was just trying to get the car to launch. The clock starts after you roll past the beam and frankly I didnt care what my reaction time was I was just trying desperately to launch for a good time.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hash06

why are you doing a burnout with street tires. it is hurting you in the traction part
nitto drags....heat helps
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96 myztic

i would say 3.73 at least if you are doing a gear change with the same tires you got now, but you also have to remember that if you get big wall slicks, it will lower your effective gear ratio, bringing a 4.10 down to that of a 3.73 or there abouts.

Getting a nice set of lower control arms with a soft supsension to really get some weight transfer is gonna see those 60 fts plummet in combination with some slicks. Each tenth dropped in the 60' equates to 2 tenths on the ET, so the launch is very important.

What kind of RPM are you launching at and what rpm are you crossing the traps at, that would aid in the gear selection a whole lot. Is there any efficient way to brake boost, like heal-toe the gas/brake and ride the cluth to try and build some boost off the line?
I was launching the best at around 2800-3000 rpm and i was crossing the finish line in 4th gear about 5000rpm I was able to rev the motor with the twins at the first hit of the clutch boost was there pretty imediately because the turbos would be spinning up with the waste gates cracked and then when the throttle opens they shut and instant boost. The video does no justice to the boost you cant really hear it. If you turn it up very loud you may hear the turbos spooling at rev on the line.

Quick Reply: Twin turbo non pi track vid.