Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Twin turbo non pi track vid.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Twin turbo non pi track vid.

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

maybe a pi swap??
Not anytime soon it has more power than it needs right now I just need to get it dialed in on the traction part.....maybe after I graduate but heck if I need more power I could just turn up the boost and do some tuning, however power is not the issue at hand at this point. If Im rolling 20mph then i feel sorry for the sucker that messes around with that car.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:02 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96 myztic

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

you figure with a better 60 ft (1.7ish) hes still gonna barely be scrapin the mid-high 12s, seems a bit low for a 400+hp car (guessing by the trap speed.) Maybe step up the gearing to a 3.73 or higher(dont know what is best for keeping turbos spooled) and id think the ET would drop considerably considering how hard it likes to pull when it starts to spool on the top end.

I think a 4.10 would be too high as it might not be enough to carry you across the trap with the kinda hp/speed you are carrying already.
Also the sticky tires would help immensely as you could brake boost it and really help those 60s when you can put the extra hp to the ground.
My lowest trap speed was 112mph & I still ran a 12.8 with a 2.1 60 foot... With traction that 112 would have been good for a miw low 12...

All you need is about a 105mph trap with a 1.8 60' in a 96-04 to run near a flat 13 or very high 12 with a good driver.

From what I saw in the video, he's just waiting for the car to bog coming off the line to catch traction & then roll back into the throttle. If he went with a taller drag radial/slick, he could benefit more from a 4.10 than a 3.73...
yea i noticed the bog, but can be expected with the 3.27s and the tires grabbing after spinning outta the hole. I agree if he went to a high wall DRs, 4.10s would be a must, especially if he is gonna keep it just hovering around 400hp since he can just trap at the top of 4th. But if hes gonna up the boost and start to trap higher Id be afraid of running outta gear and having to do the dreaded shift into 5th and have the car fall on its face.

I think his low times werent just from the low 60s, because even with a 2.0 or 2.1 he should still be hovering around 13.0, rather i think it was because of that off the line bog and having to build back up the power as the turbos spooled at the top of 3rd and 4th. Losing that off the line momentum after the 1-2 shift because of the big rpm drop due to bogis killing the ET.
Hey man you hit the nail on the head that is my biggest fear is running out of gear and having to go into overdrive. If my car is crossing now at the top of 4th and I end up getting better 60ft. then my top speed will also increase at the other end. My concern is that when I was crossing that one time I noticed I was at around 5400 or so that is almost out of pulling range if I get a faster start. I am just so confused on what combo gear/tire/suspension to use its not even funny. I probly will have to try and find someone that has a similar combo and ask them.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Here are all the actuall time slips the first one the intake feed pipe blew out of the coupler in front of the T-body so I shut it down and coasted off the track.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:51 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

you figure with a better 60 ft (1.7ish) hes still gonna barely be scrapin the mid-high 12s, seems a bit low for a 400+hp car (guessing by the trap speed.) Maybe step up the gearing to a 3.73 or higher(dont know what is best for keeping turbos spooled) and id think the ET would drop considerably considering how hard it likes to pull when it starts to spool on the top end.

I think a 4.10 would be too high as it might not be enough to carry you across the trap with the kinda hp/speed you are carrying already.
Also the sticky tires would help immensely as you could brake boost it and really help those 60s when you can put the extra hp to the ground.
112 MPH should be good for say 12.60s to 12.50s with a 1.9 60'. If he goes 1.7s he should be down in the12.2s/12.0s easy.

Looks like after you take car of the cam and intake problems on the NPI cars al you really need to do is force the air down in there... just like a PI car lol.

Id say something right around 410/415 WHP. I trapped 114 MPH with 420 WHP though, so its kinda hard to tell.