4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SPIN EM!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:47 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: SPIN EM!

The officer can't write you a ticket without seeing you in the act (DUI is the only traffic crime that an arrest can be made without witnessing or a warrant and that is reserved for motor vehicle wrecks). He can though, if requested, meet with the complainant (person who called in) and that person can sign the ticket and have a warrant sworn out for you. That virtually never happens, and police officers (at least me) can't stand people that waste their time and the courts time for a rediculously minor infraction. I could see if there was a child chasing a ball into the street and being close to the vehicle burning the tires, but from what you're saying there wasn't so I wouldn't worry about it. The cop was there because he was given a call to respond and he is duty bound to investigate every complaint filed. If enough complaints come into the department expect to see extra patrols of the neighborhood.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

yup if someone calls it in you can get in trouble for it, my buddy is getting his license taken away from passing a school bus cause someone called it in hah
Old 04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

passing a school bus is a very different offense. he must have had points on his liceense i doubt they would just take his license away for that. but they take those offenses very seriously and that is just stupid to do something like that. as far as the burnouts your safe, when the cop says ur safe lol i think your safe. long as ur not stupid and do ti again in your same car they won't be looking for you. next tiem make enough smoke so they cant see
Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

[sm=icon_blah.gif] what does this have to do with 4.6 tech?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:31 PM
1fast 99gt
4th Gear Member

that sucks my neighbors tell me to light em up[sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-04-2007, 01:34 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

do lots of big burn outs... actually...A doughnut for the car... and sit there... spinning it... for awhile...
fixed for fact that its a v6
Old 04-04-2007, 01:36 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

Last Saturday my two friends decided to race. All of my friends do it on a back road in a really small town where noone is around. They raced their Integra GSR and RX8 and then they turned around at the end of the street. The thing is at that end of the road, it is another town and there are house. They raced from a 20 roll rom there and were reported for street racing. 5 cops were sent out and we drove by them, but they didn't do anything. I doubt they can actually get a ticket though. The cops could let all there fellow officers know to watch you though.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:57 PM
SixEight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

Last Saturday my two friends decided to race. All of my friends do it on a back road in a really small town where noone is around. They raced their Integra GSR and RX8 and then they turned around at the end of the street. The thing is at that end of the road, it is another town and there are house. They raced from a 20 roll rom there and were reported for street racing. 5 cops were sent out and we drove by them, but they didn't do anything. I doubt they can actually get a ticket though. The cops could let all there fellow officers know to watch you though.
Yeah, once again, a cop has to witness you in the act. If you catch a cop in a bad mood and he sees you do a burn out you can actually get in a LOT of trouble, I'm talking in relation to the "offense".

Also I believe they have reason to pull you over if a "red Mustang" is reported driving wrecklessly/speeding/ect and they see you in a red Mustang in the area. But they can't actually do anything to you like that.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:09 PM
S1ckStang
2nd Gear Member

yes the cop has every right to pull you over but he can't ticket you unless you are an idiot and say you did it. even if you said you came from that house there is no proof, but just say you were driving. they will most liekely stop you to intimidate you but just remember they have no proof. unless your friend lives at an interscttion with a traffic cam lol
Old 04-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_pa

f no. sounds like your buddys neighbors don't like him to much
haha yeah they are ********. they are these super protective parents who yelled at us once because his camaro is too loud. My buddy and his dad just re-built a 69 camaro. put a whole new engine in it and its loud as hell! once we drove by just going 25 ( speed limit) and they yelled at us. now they put it one of those radar things that tells you your speed. *********

Quick Reply: SPIN EM!