MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Trans and Clutch are in! RESULTS (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/269049-trans-and-clutch-are-in-results.html)

djb1187 04-04-2007 01:16 AM

Trans and Clutch are in! RESULTS

Well guys today I finally got my 3650 and my 03/04 cobra clutch in and WOW I am impressed and extremly satisfied. The 3650 IMHO shifts way smoother and the gearing really helps out with my 4.10 gears. makes crusing on the highway less of an annoyance. and I can even describe how impressed I am with the terminator clutch. SERIOUSLY this thing is light as hell in my GT. VERY LIGHT, way lighter than my stock clutch and it just very silky smooth, the car is way less jerky and jumpy compared to my spec clutch. Overall I am wayyyyyyy more satisfied with my terminator clutch over the spec clutch, its rediculous how much more of a pleasure it made my car to drive. The car actually feels up to date now and not ragedy which that clutch made it appear with all that chattering and foul smells.

96GT226410 04-04-2007 01:19 AM

RE: Trans and Clutch are in! RESULTS

Sounds real good. How did the swap go?

Jaybird79 04-04-2007 01:21 AM

ORIGINAL: djb1187

Well guys today I finally got my 3650 and my 03/04 cobra clutch in and WOW I am impressed and extremly satisfied. The 3650 IMHO shifts way smoother and the gearing really helps out with my 4.10 gears. makes crusing on the highway less of an annoyance. and I can even describe how impressed I am with the terminator clutch. SERIOUSLY this thing is light as hell in my GT. VERY LIGHT, way lighter than my stock clutch and it just very silky smooth, the car is way less jerky and jumpy compared to my spec clutch. Overall I am wayyyyyyy more satisfied with my terminator clutch over the spec clutch, its rediculous how much more of a pleasure it made my car to drive. The car actually feels up to date now and not ragedy which that clutch made it appear with all that chattering and foul smells.
Hahahaha oh man, the ghost of the big fat fart man will never leave you alone! Hehe ,good to hear you got your stuff fixed bro. Terminator clutch sounds good, maybe I'll get one after my stocker craps out. Is it even worth getting it though if my car is bone stock?

xxkazp3rxx 04-04-2007 01:23 AM

are you sure the clutch is soft? My stock clutch was heavy as hell!!!! or was the spec just that heavy?

djb1187 04-04-2007 01:32 AM

i honestly dont know man, because when i got in my car i almost seriously put my foot through the firewall. my spec was HEAVY AS HELL! man my back would seriously be killing me just from driving to school. Something was seriously wrong with that clutch and i really dont know what i can be. It had a lot of problems with it. But this swap went very smooth and only took about a half a day. The people at liberty gears are great people that do good work, they even decided to give me a pretty nice credit on my rebuilt t45 that lasted a year, and it wasnt even their fault it broke. They really looked out for me good on my 3650, it was brand new. and jaybird, i wouldnt upgrade it unless your stock one dies, but when it does I really recommend it because you keep all your silky smooth stock engagements, and it can handle all the power you throw at it with ease, unless you forge your bottom end, throw on a blower, and run a lot of boost creating huge horsepower

xxkazp3rxx 04-04-2007 01:35 AM

Yes i agree with the whole clutch thing. Personally if your not running a high amt of HP, I would keep the stock GT one.

Maybe that's why. I have felt Spec 1's and they are pretty heavy. My spec 3 is light that's why I asked.... when I got the spec 3 in from the stocker, I almost put my foot through the floorboard myself.

I remember driving home in traffic one day, and I have a surgically repaired left knee... and I had to go home and take some vicodins to ease the pain on my left knee because how heavy the clutch was. This was the stock clutch!

however, alls well that ends well. I am glad to hear your happy with the new setup!

djb1187 04-04-2007 01:39 AM

very happy, but u know what kaz, i drove my neighbors 04 cobra and his was heavy as hell. I really dont know why mine is light, quadrant maybe?? Its not just me because i got in my friends 95 gt today and it was way lighter than his, and I also got in 03sonicgt's car and it was similar to his or maybe lighter...I really dont know. I know for a fact its a terminator clutch because I compared the disc to a friend of mines who took his out his 03 cobra and the disc looked exactly the same, even the shop said this disc looks a lot more heavy duty than my spec stage 1. I really dont know why its too light, it might be my adjustments or my quadrant. Im really curious

xxkazp3rxx 04-04-2007 01:40 AM

A question to the guys you had install it. Like I said, I have very strong legs.. and man it hurt sometimes... because of it.

djb1187 04-04-2007 01:44 AM

actually the installer is the one with the 04 cobra. Im guessing the quadrant because it seems like those pedals are really short and stiff. Mine has a little bit more travel but its very light. and i know that steeda quick release quadrant increases pedal effort so that is my guess

xxkazp3rxx 04-04-2007 01:49 AM

could be. I just know what i have.. my pedal effort was so easy with the 3, that i thought the tech @ ford stole my clutch and just gave me a v6 clutch, lol. it was later verified the spec 3 was there, lol.

After reading a bunch of things, I think your spec issues came with the fact, that it was a 1... maybe the spec 1's are just crap. and the 3 and 3+ are good. I haven't heard really 1 complaint about the 3+ other then it's not a nice clutch to have on a DD.. lol