4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Dyno on Friday

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default Dyno on Friday

I'm heading down to Amazon Tuning Solutions in Anderson, SC tomorrow to get a retune on my predator from Rick and make sure everything is in line with the car. The guy before me had it tuned with the mods in my sig, but I really just want to get that checked and have Rick put his touch on it since he is one of the best around. I'm taking my digital camera with me so hopefully I should have some pics and videos from the dyno and some exhaust clips for you guys. Just wanted to let you guys know since I basically just hang out in the 4.6 section. I'll see you guys on Sunday evening!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno on Friday

It doesn't get much better than a tune from Rick himself. I was supposed to get tuned my him next month when he come out here to the Bay for a dyno and tune day, but I was having BIG problems with my car and needed it tuned A.S.A.P. But I've spoken with him on the phone and he's a coo guy. But good luck with it. Post up your numbers and dyno sheet once you get it tuned.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:37 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

It doesn't get much better than a tune from Rick himself. I was supposed to get tuned my him next month when he come out here to the Bay for a dyno and tune day, but I was having BIG problems with my car and needed it tuned A.S.A.P. But I've spoken with him on the phone and he's a coo guy. But good luck with it. Post up your numbers and dyno sheet once you get it tuned.
Thanks, and I'll deffinetly have some numbers to post up when I get back. Hopefully you can get your cobra right too. If anyone can do it, I know Rick can for ya.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:15 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

Lol. No, I had problems with it. Past tense. Lol. I had a mail order tune from Rick. I uploaded the tune and It ran soooo smoother andbetter just cruising. But when I accelerated even to just pass a car I got engine knock. It knocked loud and bad too. Then it started running like ****. The knock sounded too bad to even get it on the dyno for datalogging and revisions so I just got it tuned out here by the best Cobra tuner in the Bay. Rick is coming out here in a month to do some tuning. I was signed up for that but since I already got it tuned by my tuner I'm not going to spend the extra cash to get it retuned by Rick. My tune is good now.

But like I said, it doesn't get much better than a tune from Rick. You had a canned Predator tune with your mods didn't you?... If so, you should notice a difference in driveability with Ricks tune.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM
96 myztic
2nd Gear Member

whos a good cobra tuner in the bay if you dont mind me asking?
Old 04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Lol. No, I had problems with it. Past tense. Lol. I had a mail order tune from Rick. I uploaded the tune and It ran soooo smoother andbetter just cruising. But when I accelerated even to just pass a car I got engine knock. It knocked loud and bad too. Then it started running like ****. The knock sounded too bad to even get it on the dyno for datalogging and revisions so I just got it tuned out here by the best Cobra tuner in the Bay. Rick is coming out here in a month to do some tuning. I was signed up for that but since I already got it tuned by my tuner I'm not going to spend the extra cash to get it retuned by Rick. My tune is good now.

But like I said, it doesn't get much better than a tune from Rick. You had a canned Predator tune with your mods didn't you?... If so, you should notice a difference in driveability with Ricks tune.
I was told by the guy that I bought the cobra from that it was dyno tuned somewhere in NC. He had no dyno sheets tho[:-] Thats why it was kinda weird to me that it was dyno tuned but he said he never thought to ask them for the sheet. It could be a canned tune... I really dont know for sure. If anything, it doesn't hurt to have Rick check it out and make sure its good or tweak it a lil. Glad you got yours runnning good tho... sometimes mail order tunes just don't quite get everything you need it seems.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:51 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 96 myztic

whos a good cobra tuner in the bay if you dont mind me asking?
The only ones who tune using SCT are Shawn at Advanced Engine Development, and George and Apex Motorsports. I went with Shawn because of his tuning reputation. He is the best outhere. He is by appointment only, so when I called him, hejust genuinely wanted to help me with issues I was having with my car. It was running so sh itty I thought my motor was blown or something.

Before him, I called Apex. I'm not sure who I spoke with, but they had the "whatever" attitude towards me with the issues I was having on my car. So **** them.

But obviously I got tuned with by Shawn. Couldn't be happier! He is a really coo guy. He taught me a few things to watch out for on the common problems these cars get. But If you're interested PM me and I'll give you his number.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:56 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

I was told by the guy that I bought the cobra from that it was dyno tuned somewhere in NC. He had no dyno sheets tho[:-] Thats why it was kinda weird to me that it was dyno tuned but he said he never thought to ask them for the sheet. It could be a canned tune... I really dont know for sure. If anything, it doesn't hurt to have Rick check it out and make sure its good or tweak it a lil. Glad you got yours runnning good tho... sometimes mail order tunes just don't quite get everything you need it seems.
No dyno sheets is kind of weird. That's the first thing I asked for after my last pull. Lol. But you're in good hands with Rick. Everyone loves and worships his tunes. And he was real coo when I talked to him on the phone. Report back with results A.S.A.P! Good luck.