4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

gt or a srt4

Old 04-07-2007, 09:21 AM
1hotdrp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: gt or a srt4

if you even have to thing about it, please sell your stang now.
lol good point

I kinda like the SRT4.However, it IS a neon.
+1 on its still a neon (girl car)
they are fast little cars but i still would never consider getting one.

Old 04-07-2007, 09:26 AM
203Mach1ne
4th Gear Member

I'd drive one...there are a bunch around here for sale pretty cheap
Couple of my buddies have them and put some mods into them, and yeah they are definitely quick. in the end though, they're still neons
Old 04-07-2007, 09:44 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lVlustang
Not to hate, but Stock Auto GTs are a joke. Your full of crap. I can possibly see a 5 SPD being a good race, but anyways.... have fun with your 14.7 1/4 miles. O and smoking all them SRT-4s, because lots of SRT-4s are stock LOL!
My auto is almost stock, I'll let you know my times after I get to the track in the next couple of weeks. I bet I'm not quite at 14.7 [sm=trust_me.gif]
Old 04-07-2007, 09:53 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

A buddy of mine ran a 14 flatand a 13.9 with 3.73s, an intake, o/r H, and Flowmasters on his 2000 Auto.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:00 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00TropicGreenStang

Tell me about it. A stock auto GT is pretty slow. I love my 5 speed. Ifaffordable speed is what you are looking for, and notthe sexy looks of aMustang,then sell your car. Like they said if you have to think about selling your Stang just do it. The SRT-4s around where I live are pretty quick, I don't think I have seen a stock one. I admit onesorta got me. I spun from a dig, he jumped on me, we evened it up for a little, but I'd say he got me by a nose of a car in 3rdbefore we came up on a red light.
OK.... "pretty quick" does not mean they will get us slightly modified Stangsby a "nose" of a car! that is not pretty quick! a 03/04 Cobra is "pretty quick" Our cars are "pretty slow!" Now for what it is... that IS.... F O R W H A T I T I S .... the Neon SRT4 is "pretty quick".... but to trade a GT stang for one?? Blasphemy! If you want to drop your ***** on the dealership desk and say "I give up modding my stang... give me a car that goes a quarter of a second faster in the quarter... and gets some good wholesome familly values gas mileage" then go right a frikin head! Now if your reasons are to step up in the world for more class then get a Nissan 350Z! Cause every rich **** has one! You dont go from a stang to a NEON... with out givin up the Familly Jewels!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I hope that wasn't directed at me. I would never be caught dead or alive driving a Neon.. SRT-4 or not. They are feminine looking cars IMO. If I didn't spin so bad of the launch I would have had him. It was back when I needed tires badly.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:07 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SmallFeesh
OK.... "pretty quick" does not mean they will get us slightly modified Stangsby a "nose" of a car! that is not pretty quick! a 03/04 Cobra is "pretty quick" Our cars are "pretty slow!" Now for what it is... that IS.... F O R W H A T I T I S .... the Neon SRT4 is "pretty quick".... but to trade a GT stang for one?? Blasphemy! If you want to drop your ***** on the dealership desk and say "I give up modding my stang... give me a car that goes a quarter of a second faster in the quarter... and gets some good wholesome familly values gas mileage" then go right a frikin head! Now if your reasons are to step up in the world for more class then get a Nissan 350Z! Cause every rich **** has one! You dont go from a stang to a NEON... with out givin up the Familly Jewels!
I agree. Mustangs and SRT4's, as much as it sucks, are pretty equal in speed. SRT4's may be a bit cheaper to mod, but that is debatable and depends on SKILL and RESEARCH. Look at the few bolt on 2V's here that are into the mid to low 12s with excellent suspension and DR's. (What happened to that 12 second sticky...?)

Mustangs are still Mustangs though, and SRT4's are still Neons. Mustangs are simply a cooler car, I don't care how many SRT4s there are that can wipe the floor with me at the track. How many chicks say "Oooh, your Neon is soo nice!!" Well, chicks that are older than 16 that is...
Old 04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I actually know a good lookin girl whos bf drives an SRT-4 and she has pics saying how sexy it is. All I can think to myself is wtf? Why? I know more girls who love Mustangs then even Camaros or TAs. Another girl I know's dad has a '95 GT, very clean and sexy. He also has an Orange '67 Bronco. He taught his daughter well cause she loves Mustangs too.

I guess what you have to ask yourself is... down the road will I regret getting ride of an American classic for a Neon?

Oh and someone give me some FI for my car then see how slow Mustangs are.
Old 04-07-2007, 10:46 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Your not gonna see mid 11s with just 5K in a SRT-4. Hell, I have pretty big doubts about seeing 12s with just 2k as well. Its all nice to list a list of mods, but when it comes to launching the car down the track and acutally getting it done...

In any case, unless your a moron and want to die you can't run around with drag radails on the SRT-4 everyday on the street... and you can with the stang.If you have 5K for mods you have enough for a vortech SQ setup and pretty much a full suspension (control arms, shocks, struts, springs) with some left over. I guarentee you won't be disapointed with your stang after doing that.

Even a bone stock GT with just a vortech + suspension + decent tires and your looking at a mid 12 car with a decent driver, and its all downhill from there. A few more boltons, some work on the rearend and some better tires and your looking at high 11s in a completely streetable car that still gets 20 MPG.

BTW, another thing I am not convinced of is that the MPG is gonna be any better. I have talked to a couple SRT owners and most are getting about 20 MPG... I get that in my FI gt with cams
Old 04-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Ok I'm not *** kissing but, 2000GT4.6 your car looks sexy. Love your mods. Can't wait til I save enough for a s/c and blower cams.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: gt or a srt4