4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP long tube headers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Default SLP long tube headers.

Ok, I posted this over on the American Muscle section, but didnt get any response yet, and I kinda need one quick.

The SLP long tube headers will fit the auto tranny right? Im almost 100% sure they will, but I want some asurity from someone else. I'm going to be ordering them this Friday as long as they will fit.

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:03 PM
1hotdrp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: SLP long tube headers.

i was told they would by a tech at slp. thats why i bought them but waiting for the crappy snow to stop b4 i get them installed..lol
Old 04-09-2007, 02:21 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Awesome, thanks for the response. Looks like I'll be ordering mine Friday for sure now.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:27 PM
1hotdrp
3rd Gear Member

no prob. thats why i got them bc i was quoted a direct fit price of$250 so i talked to a tech when summitracing had their annnual mustang show
Old 04-09-2007, 04:30 PM
IownaMustangNow
3rd Gear Member

yea def man, when they make productts for our cars they look into those things, so you should be good to go, enjoy the 999 dollars, ahah i hafta spend that on them soon enuff
Old 04-09-2007, 04:47 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IownaMustangNow

yea def man, when they make productts for our cars they look into those things, so you should be good to go, enjoy the 999 dollars, ahah i hafta spend that on them soon enuff
Youre getting them from the wrong place then. I'm not payin near that.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

How much is install costing you guys? Just out of curiousity (I butchered that word...). I'll probably install mine myself, I'm just wondering how long of a job it is.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
JT76

The SLP's will fit the autos and the MAC's will also. I put MACs on mine because they were 1/2 the cost, good quality and they tuck up nice like stock..everythign SLP makeshangs down way too much, so dont plan on lowering your car
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

How much is install costing you guys? Just out of curiousity (I butchered that word...). I'll probably install mine myself, I'm just wondering how long of a job it is.
Umm...to be honest right now I'm not 100% sure what its gonna cost. I have a local dealership totalling it up for me, however, they are not charging me the full rate/hour b/c I have them do all my work. Plus they are taking $140 off of my final cost b/c of some work that they did to try and fix an exhaust leak that never really got completely fixed b/c of an exhaust manifold problem (which is one reason I am getting longtubes.) I will let you know when it goes in and exactly what my total cost is when its all said and done though.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:52 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanggang1892

The SLP's will fit the autos and the MAC's will also. I put MACs on mine because they were 1/2 the cost, good quality and they tuck up nice like stock..everythign SLP makeshangs down way too much, so dont plan on lowering your car
Eh, I'm still gonna put the Ford "C" springs on my car. The roads here in Circleville, Ohio arent bad at all and I really never have to go over any speed bumps. There are a few, but they are small so it wont matter.

Quick Reply: SLP long tube headers.