4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

When Throwing A Rev Goes Wrong

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 08:22 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: When Throwing A Rev Goes Wrong

ORIGINAL: SpartanStang

usually i tell the guy to rev first, or ask what kinda exhaust he has, so he knows i wanna compare, and im not just showin off.
lol..."Usually?" You sound like you've been in the V8 world for years, not weeks

I laughed at a Cobalt SS that revved at me the other day, does that make me one of those dicks?
Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BleedinBlue

usually i tell the guy to rev first, or ask what kinda exhaust he has, so he knows i wanna compare, and im not just showin off.
lol..."Usually?" You sound like you've been in the V8 world for years, not weeks

I laughed at a Cobalt SS that revved at me the other day, does that make me one of those dicks?
Nah, you're not a dick! I would have laughed to at the cobalt! Point taken guys. Thanks for the replys. I'll try to throw one the correct way next time
Old 04-09-2007, 08:30 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Well, its not like im shy about bein new to the v8 world, i just dive right in. Wait, maybe not the best way to word that. [&:]

And of course ur not a dick, its a Cobalt revvin at a Mustang. No offense, but they cant really compare.

"What kinda midpipe is that, X? H?"
"Nah, its an um... I?"
Old 04-09-2007, 08:36 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Ninja

Nah, you're not a dick! I would have laughed to at the cobalt! Point taken guys. Thanks for the replys. I'll try to throw one the correct way next time
haha i had a late 80's/early 90's honda accord with a horrible fart can rev as i creeped forward to make a right hand turn, so i put it in neutral gave it a little to 3 rpms he did it back so i jacked it up to redline, then it was quiet haha
Old 04-09-2007, 08:40 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Yea, that's always been the greeting I give to other muscle cars! Sometimes there is a d+ckhead in the bunch!
Old 04-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I never rev, wave, thumbs up or anything. I just think it's wee todd it
Just my $0.02
Old 04-09-2007, 08:46 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Just my $0.02
Booo! No Mustang Pride!!

Hell, today drivin home from class, there was a chick in a darker red (redass color) v6 (no fogs) stang stopped at a light, facing me. I gave her a nod and a rev, and she revved back. It was cute, her tryin to make that v6 sound cool. As she passed me she winked and floored it.

True, while the odds are im never gonna see her again, or meet up or whatever, its still cool to greet other Stang owners.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Just my $0.02
Booo! No Mustang Pride!!

Hell, today drivin home from class, there was a chick in a darker red (redass color) v6 (no fogs) stang stopped at a light, facing me. I gave her a nod and a rev, and she revved back. It was cute, her tryin to make that v6 sound cool. As she passed me she winked and floored it.

True, while the odds are im never gonna see her again, or meet up or whatever, its still cool to greet other Stang owners.
Okay where's your rainbow sticker?? [8D]

j/k...I've had some people do that stuff when I first bought my car back in late 99 I would return their "whatever" with a nod but that's it.I never instigate it. Cute chicks..no problemo
Old 04-09-2007, 09:15 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

theres a difference between a hot chick and a man in a mid life crisis... i definetly would have asked her for her number instead of reving the engine...
Old 04-09-2007, 09:19 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2002GTAUTOVERT

theres a difference between a hot chick and a man in a mid life crisis... i definetly would have asked her for her number instead of reving the engine...
Oh yeah, ill just yell to her from across the intersection. Or i can just run through the intersection, over to her car?

Quick Reply: When Throwing A Rev Goes Wrong