4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bumpsteer or CC plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 03:12 AM
GolfmanSpeck
2nd Gear Member

Default Bumpsteer or CC plates

I have about $300 to spend. I have a bad problem with bumpsteer so I was looking at this bumpsteer package:
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=505

I was also looking at doing CC plates, probably these:
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=478

which would be more helpful? I can probably only do one of the two for now.

Also, how are the installs on the two?

I currently have eibach sportline which givea big drop, but it sucks ***** going over a bump in a turn. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:41 AM
Jexey
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Bumpsteer or CC plates

They'reb oth beneficial, it all depends on what you want in the end. Honestly a bump steer kit will help the feel of your car but the caster camber kit will make your tires last longer and could save you money in the end.

If you dropped you car you want a bumpsteer kit, caster camber plates, (i'd get steeda balljoints) and an alignment. But that's over 300 bucks.

For 300 bucks you can get a bumpsteer kit and c/c plates. Just shop around. Hit up for for sale forum on mustangforums, ebay, and froogle.com. Good luck!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:46 AM
GolfmanSpeck
2nd Gear Member

can I get away with the bumpsteer and not the ball joints. I kinda liked the package above with the bumpsteer and the ball joints $250. Would it be better to skip on the ball joints and get the CC plates?
Old 04-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Jexey
2nd Gear Member

C/C plates are more important in my opinion! Remember, you need to get it aligned too and the C/C plates will help big time.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Jakes
2nd Gear Member

Are you sure it's bump steer causing you trouble? Is your car lowered more than 1.5 inches? What exactly is it doing?
Old 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
GolfmanSpeck
2nd Gear Member

I believe it is bumpsteer. My car is lowered about 1.5". When in a turn and I hit a bump, my car swerves(without movement of the steering wheel)!. To my understanding that is bumpsteer.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Im in the same boat. Im actually saving up right now for that exact kit, as well as the shorter end links. I also was wondering if I should get a caster camber kit. I have BBK springs, with no isolators and im gonna cut about a half coil out of the front springs. So I should probably save for the caster camber plates....
Old 04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

I recommend purchasing some MM caster/camber plates first. With these, you can add pos. caster toyour Mustang...helping eliminate some of if not all the bumpsteer.

Casey
Old 04-09-2007, 10:47 PM
BoBalls08
2nd Gear Member

you should do the steeda x2 balljoints to align the spindle. the balljoints will also give you the extra 1/2 inch you want to lower your car without cutting the springs. i have the dropzone springs 2" drop with cc plates, x2 ball joints and bumpsteer kit.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:38 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Wow BO, your car sits perfect in the front. Im really wanting to get the front end down, cause I have adjustable rear control arms and I have my rear wheelwell sitting right on top of the tire. I actually have a little more wheelwell gap in the front then the back. So Ill do the bumpsteer kit before I go cutting the springs...thanks for the info...

Quick Reply: Bumpsteer or CC plates