4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Your thoughts and opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 08:55 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Your thoughts and opinions please

Just remember, there's always a faster car out there....
Old 04-10-2007, 09:02 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BAD FN GT

Just remember, there's always a faster car out there....
+111

no matter what ya do there's always gonna be someone who will have the ability to make you feel [sm=owned.gif]At any time they please
Old 04-10-2007, 09:30 PM
nibotcire
2nd Gear Member

ok well ill try to help you out..
i suggest a forged VT engine..or mabey a stroker kit.. and with a intercooled twin turbo, and L/Ts, intake, DR's, 3.73's or 3.90'sand of course a shot of n20..
butt.. thats just what i want..
Old 04-10-2007, 10:42 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red02GT

So I've had my GT for almost 2 months. My ultimate dream is to take my car and build it so that it's faster than anything on the road. But of course that'll take money and time. With two kids I'm looking at 5+ years.

So I started thinking. What if I keep my car for about a year and then trade it in for a cobra. I could be real happy w/ a cobra w/ very few mods.

What would you do?

I was faced with a similar situation as you. You want opinions, so I'll give youMY honest opinion.

I went full time at my job and wanted to make my GT faster (It was stock). I planned on supercharging it and doing FULL bolt ons. Then I made a budget on how much that would cost me, how happy I would be with the power, and how easy and timeconsuming the whole process would be. I calculated the cost to be around 10-12K total including parts and installation. I knew I would be happy with the power, but, I knew it wouldn't be easy, and would take a long time to get the car where I wanted it to be.

I was shooting for as close to 450RWHP as I could get on the stock internals. But we all know that you're pushing it at the 400RWHP mark. And, everyone always says "you're gonna always want more". So I kept these things In mind. The very last thing I wanted to do was blow the motor. So that had me worried about even supercharging it to begin with. Then I started thinking about Cobras and how fast they were and how strong the engines were on them. I knew I could afford one, so It became an option, but an unlikely one. Then I started to learn a little more about them. They respond VERY well to mods, and can hold the amount of power I wanted to make with ease. That made me more interested in them. Then, someone here posted some sound clips of a Cobra supercharger whine. I listened to them and realized I had been debating with myself over nothing. Going with the Cobra is a no brainer.

The engines can hold more power than I could ever want or need (700+RWHP). They are fast in stock form, and take very very little money to make them faster. Total, I have put about 2K into my Cobra. I only have 5 mods that give power, and they are the most basic power adding mods for the Cobra. So they didn't take take a lot of my time and were easy. I am at the power level I want and am 100% satisfied with the car. It actually exceeded my expectations. It rides a lot smoother than my GT, and is waaay faster. And it took a minimal amount of time and money to get it to where I wanted it to be. Just overall it is an all around better car. You get a true appreciation for them once you drive them or ride in one (especially a pullied one ). I'm glad I decided to go with it. The power gains for the money with bolt ons on my GT just weren't worth it IMO. None of them were without the supercharger (sorry if I offend the bolt on GT owners. I don't mean to.) Then I had to worry about the power limitations on the engine.

A fully built motor can easily make the power you want and be reliable. And you could be beating Cobra's and other cars with it. But this would take A LOT of time and money.

So, In my opinion, If you can afford it, go with the Cobra. Like I said, it's a no brainer.