4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Your thoughts and opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Red02GT
1st Gear Member

Default Your thoughts and opinions please

So I've had my GT for almost 2 months. My ultimate dream is to take my car and build it so that it's faster than anything on the road. But of course that'll take money and time. With two kids I'm looking at 5+ years.

So I started thinking. What if I keep my car for about a year and then trade it in for a cobra. I could be real happy w/ a cobra w/ very few mods.

What would you do?
Old 04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Red02GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Your thoughts and opinions please

bump.
c'mon guys you have opinions on everything.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

If your dream is to go fast, sell the GT and get the Cobra. With a pulley, tune and a few other supporting mods those cars have over 500hp to the wheels. With a GT you'd have to spend alot more money, more time/effort and compromise reliability since the internals are not forged like the Cobra. Go for the Snake man!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Well Its all what you want..... I could have gotten an 03 Cobra, even a 2002 Z06 Vette...... But I decided to MOD the hell outta my GT. Mostly because I like being the underdawg or the unsuspected beast of the crowd. A sleeper in short term. You roll up to someone with a Cobra or a Z06, people know you got power...... But with a GT thumpin with some nice cams and a little wistle of the centri blower..... people not really know what to expect. Its also fun to watch their facial expressions as you blow a "superior" class car outta the water.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

Sell the stang get a sick Vette ... Your going to end up spending that kind of cash anyway in the long run building the stang... To be the sickest that is... Or consider a GT500 and add mods to it. But that much power your talking about over time is not going to be cost effective..With things breaking and modding issues which do happen it would be better to buy a car that is already sick.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RC5522

Sell the stang get a sick Vette ... Your going to end up spending that kind of cash anyway in the long run building the stang... To be the sickest that is... Or consider a GT500 and add mods to it. But that much power your talking about over time is not going to be cost effective..With things breaking and modding issues which do happen it would be better to buy a car that is already sick.
In that case..... Sell the house..... sell the car..... put the kids up for adoption..... get divorced..... sell everything you own.................

And get a Lambo!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

In that case..... Sell the house..... sell the car..... put the kids up for adoption..... get divorced..... sell everything you own.................

And get a Lambo!
[sm=owned.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]
Old 04-10-2007, 08:36 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

Well Its all what you want..... I could have gotten an 03 Cobra, even a 2002 Z06 Vette...... But I decided to MOD the hell outta my GT. Mostly because I like being the underdawg or the unsuspected beast of the crowd. A sleeper in short term. You roll up to someone with a Cobra or a Z06, people know you got power...... But with a GT thumpin with some nice cams and a little wistle of the centri blower..... people not really know what to expect. Its also fun to watch their facial expressions as you blow a "superior" class car outta the water.

+1
Old 04-10-2007, 08:39 PM
RC5522
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79

And get a Lambo!
[sm=owned.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=roll.gif][sm=yeahsmile.gif]
How in the hell is that owning anything ?
Besides Vettes do not cost all that much
Old 04-10-2007, 08:51 PM
fausty
4th Gear Member

dude ima do the same thing my cars paid for i would put my car as a down payment and finance the rest for a cobra my car only has 65k on the clock..i will be much happier with a cobra but every one likes different things go with what makes you happy..

Quick Reply: Your thoughts and opinions please