4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:19 PM
richinwa
1st Gear Member

Default RE: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

Derf00 is right, do yourself a favor and take it to the dealer. It is probably something small like a bad ground or something. Most dealerships have good, well trained drivability techs that can diag it with out looking at it and just listening to it.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Default RE: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

ORIGINAL: brent_cosenza

No **** D.A I know this i have it posted on Modded Mustangs and Stangnet not here thats why it says no one has been able to help me wasnt meaning on this site some of you at least try and help others are ****** like tylus and BTW tylus it has no spark genius thought I already said that and I have changed the computer and checked the wiring harness. the alternator is un hooked not that that matters and all fuses are good...is that clear enough for you?

Srry Derf it has COP's a Coil on each plug...none of them are firing
PUNCTUATION IS YOUR FRIEND. SO IS A WELL THOUGHT OUT SENTENCE WITH PROPER GRAMMER THAT ADDRESSES ONE TOPIC AT A TIME. A clear well thought outdescription to your problem, followed by details of what you have done to troubleshoot would have been immensly helpfulfor MF members.

ok, I meant to say check your coils, not spark. My bad dawg. But, if you're dead on all 8 of them, I'm out of ideas. Your best bet is the dealership. As Derf00 said, you start to waste money and time by throwing parts at it. The alternator dying seems suspicious. Almost like you have a ground that fried some of your harness.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:45 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Which plug? the electrical plug to the sensors?

I would throw the towel in at this point. you don't want to be throwing parts at it. It's a waste of your time and money. Take it to a shop or dealer you trust. It will cost about an hour or two worth of labor to figure it out (60-150 depending on the rate). And once they figure it out you can either fix it yourself or they can put the cost of diagnostic towards teh cost of repair.

Without the proper equipment to diagnose it, you may be in over your head.

You have fuel, but no spark. The engine cranks now (i'm assuming) but won't engage. You've checked the COPs, replaced the ECU and crank/cam sensors. You've gone about as far as you can without having a full on diagnostic computer.
+1... all you are doing is guess and check... the hard way... you have already bought 3 parts you didnt need... I am guessing this is well into the $100's! Have it towed to the dealer at this point becuase you obviously do not have the reasourses to check everything possible and pinpoint the problem! These cars are WAY to computerized now days for guess and check the easy way! We know and guarantee it is ignition... where and what your problem is is hard to say... it could VERY well be a ground problem! I havent the foggiest where the grounds are... but they cant be to hard to find... check into that or have the dealership look at it! I don't know how far you are from a Dealer... but I am guessing $100 tow fee and $100 for the dealer to give a diagnostic.. if it is major and you don't want to pay the dealer for the repair... then atleast you know what the peoblem is! NO ONE one here can give you a definate answer... we are all just guessing when it comes to electriical! I could be any number of problems!

Now i have had 2 many beers and require repose... well ... mabey just one more!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

So... Youtube is working again.... I just watched the video and listened to the problem... then I busted out the good ol' Haynes manual and looked under troubleshooting... and started a fresh beer... Newcastle FTW!

Engine will not rotate when attempting to start:
[ul][*]Battery terminal connections loose or corroded, etc. etc.[*]Battery discharged or fauly, if the cable ends are clean and tight on the battery posts... blah blah blah... im sure this isnt the problem... if your lights or wipers dont work the battery is bad...[*]Auto tranny not ingaged..... lol... park or nuetral... LMAO... fukin Haynes... Im SURE there is good info here somewhere.... [*]Broken, loose or disconected wires in the starting circuit. Inspect all wires and connectors to the battery, starter solenoind and ignition switch.[*]Starter motor pinion jammed in drive-plate ring gear. remove starter and inspect pinion and drive plate.[*]bad starter solenoid... but wouldnt this be a clivking noise??[*]bad starter solenid... clicking noise, as opposed to wooshing noise???[*]Ignition switch fauly[*]Engine siezed..... haha... that would be bad![*]Bad starter relay[*]Transmision Range sensor out of adjustment or defective.[/ul]
Old 04-12-2007, 11:51 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: brent_cosenza

No **** D.A I know this i have it posted on Modded Mustangs and Stangnet not here thats why it says no one has been able to help me wasnt meaning on this site some of you at least try and help others are ****** like tylus and BTW tylus it has no spark genius thought I already said that and I have changed the computer and checked the wiring harness. the alternator is un hooked not that that matters and all fuses are good...is that clear enough for you?

Srry Derf it has COP's a Coil on each plug...none of them are firing
Well I've also tried posting on those other sites and never get any responses/replies so I've deleted them from my favorites and kept this site. Here you will find many friendlies and you'll know the phonies too. But the good outways the bad . So when you post, introduce yourself, and be cool and you'll get replies back...GUARANTEED.

I know nothing about whats happening to your car right now, but from what I've heard, and what you've said you need to stay away from your timing chain and go to yourignition. Get a tuner and read the codes, have you done that yet?

Did you check to see if your engine turns over?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SmallFeesh

So... Youtube is working again.... I just watched the video and listened to the problem... then I busted out the good ol' Haynes manual and looked under troubleshooting... and started a fresh beer... Newcastle FTW!

Engine will not rotate when attempting to start:
[ul][*]Battery terminal connections loose or corroded, etc. etc.[*]Battery discharged or fauly, if the cable ends are clean and tight on the battery posts... blah blah blah... im sure this isnt the problem... if your lights or wipers dont work the battery is bad...[*]Auto tranny not ingaged..... lol... park or nuetral... LMAO... fukin Haynes... Im SURE there is good info here somewhere.... [*]Broken, loose or disconected wires in the starting circuit. Inspect all wires and connectors to the battery, starter solenoind and ignition switch.[*]Starter motor pinion jammed in drive-plate ring gear. remove starter and inspect pinion and drive plate.[*]bad starter solenoid... but wouldnt this be a clivking noise??[*]bad starter solenid... clicking noise, as opposed to wooshing noise???[*]Ignition switch fauly[*]Engine siezed..... haha... that would be bad![*]Bad starter relay[*]Transmision Range sensor out of adjustment or defective.[/ul]
LOL...Haynes[:'(]. This site is better than that book, but at last it'll give you an idea of where to start when trouble shooting . You know they don't have one for 2004, the same with Chilton.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:13 PM
richinwa
1st Gear Member

Please do tell, what in the hell is a tuner going to tell you?[/align]Take the friggin car to the dealer, they have the best diag books, they are called PCED's or you can ask to see one if you can fingure out how to read one.[/align]
Old 04-12-2007, 12:38 PM
04MustangGT
2nd Gear Member

Maybe if there is a code he could get better help You're right taking it back to the dealer is a better idea. If it's still under warranty.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:45 AM
brent_cosenza
2nd Gear Member

no its not under warranty and the battery cleared the codes on the ecu so i cant check it like that either
Old 04-21-2007, 03:47 AM
brent_cosenza
2nd Gear Member

the engine does turn over but no spark if you look in the vid the crank turns and you cant hear it but you can hear that it has compression there is a light bellow at the H-pipe. can someone give me a checklist of problems to go through. you know trial and error...

Quick Reply: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN