4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:38 AM
brent_cosenza
2nd Gear Member

Default NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

Ok I have no idea whats wrong with my car, when i drove it last before it died it bogged like a flooding sound. And this started...I am getting fuel but no spark i have taken off the valve covers and timing chain cover but nothing is broke and the timing chain is a moves a tiny bit on the passenger side. i dont know if its the timing or what can anyone help me...can someone tell me how to reset the timing...if that is the problem... all woodruff keys are in great con dition i have changed the ECU and my alternator isnt hooked up if that makes a diff with spark....heres a vid....

Here is what it is doing------------- http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGXzfYJ0gBg

Old 04-11-2007, 05:41 AM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

ORIGINAL: brent_cosenza

Ok I have no idea whats wrong with my car, when i drove it last before it died it bogged like a flooding sound. And this started...I am getting fuel but no spark i have taken off the valve covers and timing chain cover but nothing is broke and the timing chain is a moves a tiny bit on the passenger side. i dont know if its the timing or what can anyone help me...can someone tell me how to reset the timing...if that is the problem... all woodruff keys are in great con dition i have changed the ECU and my alternator isnt hooked up if that makes a diff with spark....heres a vid....

Here is what it is doing------------- http://youtube.com/watch?v=rGXzfYJ0gBg

That link is bad.... if you have no spark it pretty much HAS to be something in your ignition I would think...
Old 04-11-2007, 05:46 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN

check to see if your wiring harness is alright.... mine melted once
Old 04-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Youtube is down.

Might I also suggest you change the title of your thread to something pertaining to your problem...instead of a plea for help in Caps. If you can come up with a better title, your odds of getting worthwhile help or any help at all will increase...

As for help...your alternator won't effect your ignition. Your timing being off also wouldn't effect your ignition, it wouldn't fire properly but it wouldn't prevent any spark from occurring. You've been looking in the wrong places for your answer.You need to look at your ignition system.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:50 AM
03_gt_woowee
2nd Gear Member

you should go to autozone
Old 04-11-2007, 05:59 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 03_gt_woowee

you should go to autozone
Great post. [&:]Contribute something or go to Off-Topic to make these kind of posts...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Js 99 GT
2nd Gear Member

i think he was meaning to go to autozone and get a diagnosis. why did you replace the ecu? is it connected correctly?
Old 04-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

LOL how the F' can he get to autozone if the car won't even fire up!?!? Jeebus people..think before just throwing shiz out there... [&:]

Besides AutoZone is great if you know what F' you need..otherwise they suck.

If there's fuel but no spark, it's ignition related. I would start with, how are testing for spark or how do you know there is no spark? Are you just going by the fact it won't fire up? Replacing the ECU would have been the LAST resort for fixing that problem. Could be as simple as a loose wire (bad ground) or a harness not connected.

Old 04-11-2007, 06:17 PM
brent_cosenza
2nd Gear Member

i replaced the ecu because my alternator fried and i thought that might be the problem and the link does work and Dan i have the thread named other things but no one posted replies i got more out of this one and also my wiring harness is fine i checked my sparkwith a tester that i got from autozone lol...no fire
Old 04-11-2007, 06:24 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Okay so you have no fire. Is it all coils or just some?

If the alternator fried then it could be as simple as an ignition relay or fusible link blew. If you pop the plastic cover of the black box next to your batter you will find fusible links (look like giant fuses- solid body window on top) and relays (solid square boxes). Chances are you fried one of those.

you also need to check the fuses under the dash.

Quick Reply: NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT YET...LETS SEE IF ANY OF YOU CAN