4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

power gains from these mods?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: power gains from these mods?

ORIGINAL: ninelives19821

thanks for the input, will not go with hypertech tuner. just got off the horne with a guy that can dyno tune but i have to get a predator tuner.... what do you think of that tuner, is it any count? i see quite a few folks dislikeing the head work i was planning on getting, just wondering but will the cam/headwork combo even improve my output or would i just be better off doing just the cams instead of both? as far as $$$ goes its all good.. im not rich but i dont mind spending money on head work if it will help out. i just wanna get the dirty internal stuff done to my engine now so i wont have to do it later... kinda like getting the hard stuff over with first. the guy at the machine shop i plan on using said the headwork and cams would be a great setup, i was gonna go get it done asap but now that i got your input im kinda holding off for now, will ask a few more machine shops for sure now. thanks a ton for the info so far!!
Headwork and cams are worth it. Don't mind the NOS and FI junkies!

P&P the heads and go with either a stage 1 cam or 2 cam.
I am going with a stage 2 head + VT stage 2 cam.
The only hold up is I cannot decide between Fox Lake, VT or Steen Racing heads.

I know of 2 guys with full bolt ons + the above setup and both are over 310 rwhp with tune. On top of the power improvement you can't beat the sound of a cammed car.

Here is a clip of what stage 2 heads + cam sound like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB53G...ted&search
Old 04-12-2007, 10:59 PM
ninelives19821
2nd Gear Member

wow that car sounds good! and if i can get 310 rwhp with a n/a setupi would be real happy. as long as im taking step in the right direction is what im concerned about as far as engine mods go
Old 04-12-2007, 11:12 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

Im one of them that has 310rwhp on a 99 gt and i havent put my underdrive pullys on yet either.That might bump me of 3 or 4.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:17 PM
ninelives19821
2nd Gear Member

wow those are so good numbers and your list of mods sound realistic for someone like myself. what does your car run on 1/4?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

Havent taken it yet with my new setupbut i hope really soon before it gets to hot
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DTK

ORIGINAL: ninelives19821

thanks for the input, will not go with hypertech tuner. just got off the horne with a guy that can dyno tune but i have to get a predator tuner.... what do you think of that tuner, is it any count? i see quite a few folks dislikeing the head work i was planning on getting, just wondering but will the cam/headwork combo even improve my output or would i just be better off doing just the cams instead of both? as far as $$$ goes its all good.. im not rich but i dont mind spending money on head work if it will help out. i just wanna get the dirty internal stuff done to my engine now so i wont have to do it later... kinda like getting the hard stuff over with first. the guy at the machine shop i plan on using said the headwork and cams would be a great setup, i was gonna go get it done asap but now that i got your input im kinda holding off for now, will ask a few more machine shops for sure now. thanks a ton for the info so far!!
Headwork and cams are worth it. Don't mind the NOS and FI junkies!

P&P the heads and go with either a stage 1 cam or 2 cam.
I am going with a stage 2 head + VT stage 2 cam.
The only hold up is I cannot decide between Fox Lake, VT or Steen Racing heads.

I know of 2 guys with full bolt ons + the above setup and both are over 310 rwhp with tune. On top of the power improvement you can't beat the sound of a cammed car.

Here is a clip of what stage 2 heads + cam sound like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB53G...ted&search
You can throw a lot of money in a N/A combo and still get your *** waxed by every kid with a 100 shot. 310 rwhp ain't gonna beat anybody at the track or on the street. I run quite a bit N/A but when it's crunch time, I open the bottle.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:19 AM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

You can throw a lot of money in a N/A combo and still get your *** waxed by every kid with a 100 shot. 310 rwhp ain't gonna beat anybody at the track or on the street. I run quite a bit N/A but when it's crunch time, I open the bottle.
[/quote]
Hey dude wont u look at my sig again.I got a 150 shot on top of my 310rwhp.i dont think any 100 shot is going to beat me
Old 04-13-2007, 12:55 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cammed99gt

Hey dude wont u look at my sig again.I got a 150 shot on top of my 310rwhp.i dont think any 100 shot is going to beat me
[/quote]

You didn't read my post very well did you?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:03 AM
cammed99gt
4th Gear Member

I think it would be a decent race if a stock car with a 100 shot and a car with 310rwhp n/a race at the track but out on the highway i dont know havent ran into another mustang with nitrous yet.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:08 AM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cammed99gt

I think it would be a decent race if a stock car with a 100 shot and a car with 310rwhp n/a race at the track but out on the highway i dont know havent ran into another mustang with nitrous yet.
My car with a NX 100 shot, O/R X , welded in Flowmasters and a K&N,made 369rwhp and 455rwtq...........310 rwhp wouldn't have a chance[8D]

Quick Reply: power gains from these mods?