MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Help me decide... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/273663-help-me-decide.html)

Adam03GT 04-12-2007 09:36 PM

Help me decide...

First off.... My car sounds like shi*!! BBK X pipe and weld in flows... Sounds completely horrible....

Well if you didnt know i am going to be getting an 03/04 cobra.. BUT i am going to be stuck driving my car for another 6 months possibly. I want to build up a nice big juicy down payment. It could even take longer than 6 months...

So i decided i have to do something in the mean time to satisfy my ears... Well i just ordered my Mac offroad H to replace the X.. So half of my problem is solved.. But i also hate the sound of the flows so what should i do about that? Should i just pay 400 and get a new catback? Or should i just buy some sort of weld ins? Also with just buying more weldins im stuck with that horrible looking tip.....

So that is my first question! ^^

Now my second question.... If it would be best to get a new catback which would you guys recomend with the H? I was thinking maybe Magnapacks or Slp lm1..... Thanks again guys!

fiad06 04-12-2007 09:47 PM

RE: Help me decide...

try the h pipe with the flows first you might like it..i do

Adam03GT 04-12-2007 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: fiad06

try the h pipe with the flows first you might like it..i do
The 1 thing i HATE about the flows the most is that i sound exactly like every other mustang...... And since im still considering just supercharging this GT i figure i might as well get a nicer exhaust....

1hotdrp 04-12-2007 09:55 PM

The 1 thing i HATE about the flows the most is that i sound exactly like every other mustang......
so many ppl have slp also so you would have that same problem of the car sounding the same as eveyone else...but i love my slp lm1 and catted x:D

Adam03GT 04-12-2007 10:08 PM

NOONE has slp around where i live... And i have heard maybe 2 cars with magnaflow... One with borla.. Other than that alllll flows...

Come on guys what do you think? $400 isnt THAT much but its a car that i am possible going to sell.... Would you replace the cat back?

jpnelson1978 04-12-2007 10:31 PM

please tell me you have looked at the red mach one for sale on here. best looking stang ive seen on here hands down.

1hotdrp 04-12-2007 10:35 PM

NOONE has slp around where i live... And i have heard maybe 2 cars with magnaflow... One with borla.. Other than that alllll flows...
wow surprising so many people here have slp and bassani...
imo.....if your trying to save money for the cobra i wouldnt buy anything else for the gt. just keep saving your money.

Adam03GT 04-12-2007 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: jpnelson1978

please tell me you have looked at the red mach one for sale on here. best looking stang ive seen on here hands down.
Yes that mach looks AMAZING... but i want an 03/04 cobra... Nothing else.

02 Ninja 04-12-2007 11:06 PM

jpnelson- who the hell is that chick in your avatar? [sm=hail.gif]

adam03gt- if you're getting a cobra, bro I wouldn't dump anymore cash into the current ride! JMO

roush17 04-13-2007 01:28 AM

I'm with 02 ninja and 1hotdrp...keep saving for the Cobra. You will be glad you did. To solve your current sound issue, just turn the music up really loud:D