Notices
4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

C A I

Old 04-13-2007, 01:13 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: C A I

Thats the setup i have now, just removed the silencer. But i plan to hit ebay and just geta pipe that will reach to the fenderwell, for looks and so its not sucking up as much hot air. Pipe's like, 40 bucks.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

HAve you looked at the stock intake tube? The stupid ribs and turns....air flows through there like molasses through a straw. Not that I would spend big $$ on an intake, but it def helps.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:27 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Miliock

HAve you looked at the stock intake tube? The stupid ribs and turns....air flows through there like molasses through a straw. Not that I would spend big $$ on an intake, but it def helps.
Actually it flows plenty of air for our 2V heads. And i would even say that the rubber would keep the air cooler as compared to the metal. Metal conducts heat better than rubber. You get the same exact gains and sound by removig your air silencer and adding a K&N. THE ONLY REASON TO BUY A CAI IS FOR LOOKS.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 PM
lexy
3rd Gear Member

i spent 40 bucks shipping included on my CAI and works just as good as 200 dollar MAC CAI. Didn't do crap for my car. the only thing that helped was the H-pipe, shifter was a good addition, and 75mm TB because you gas pedal feels alot more responcive thats about it for my set up.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:22 PM
jcint

I hd the CAI fender type and got an opportunity to get a RAI "REAL CHEAP" it's a steeda RAI kit and since I have a cervini stalker hood with the 2 front vents I feel a big improvement when I floor it. I'm acutually getting a few more miles to the gallon too. I ran a test "full tank of gas with CAI = 201mpg barely. RAI = 210 mpg So in my own opinion i feel that MY RAI works better than the CAI "fender" FOR ME!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 04:32 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jcint
I hd the CAI fender type and got an opportunity to get a RAI "REAL CHEAP" it's a steeda RAI kit and since I have a cervini stalker hood with the 2 front vents I feel a big improvement when I floor it. I'm acutually getting a few more miles to the gallon too. I ran a test "full tank of gas with CAI = 201mpg barely. RAI = 210 mpg So in my own opinion i feel that MY RAI works better than the CAI "fender" FOR ME!!!
Do you have a link to this? I looked at a couple of online sites, and it basically looks like the stock system with a larger air filter (like doing the silencer delete + k&n)

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.