4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

new exhaust not loud

Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Neccowafer

Default RE: new exhaust not loud

i have magnapacks welded into the stock exhaust. Got car back today after installing gears and the UPR xpipe with cats.....sh%t is pretty loud.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i have a offroad x, long tubes, and borla stingers.... also heads,cams,blower.. so it will be pretty damn loud im guessing.. the cams made the car louder, and so did the blower under rpms with boost (more air going through exhuast)
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 AM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

give the mufflers a couple days to "Blow through" or open up...you just wait
Old 04-14-2007, 03:31 AM
jt01gt
2nd Gear Member

Durr 727, ill give it 2 u, thats the best sounding v-6's Ive heard.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:06 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve
FWIW I hate the sound of DRONEmasters .
They are noisy and obnoxious as well as being made like crap.
To each his own though!
hear hear, I love the Magnaflows on my truck.

to the thread originator, what do you mean by the magnaflow mufflers you put on sound like stock? my stock exhaust is beyond quiet. was your stock exhaust quiet?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:24 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blownbayou

It is wierd that no one ever throws this out there......... Cut the rear cats off!!!!! You will get no CEL and your exhaust will go from a 4 to a 7 (loudness ten scale).

Trust me on this

Later
If you remove the rear cats without using a MIL eliminator or a tuner to turn them off the CEL WILL light up, its only a matter of time.

The rear 02 sensors are only inplace for one reason... to make sure the cats are working.

As I said before, try some dumps. They are really cheap, but if you don't want to pay before you try em just crawl under the car and pull the rear pipes off the mufflers, then try driving around. My car is still fairly quiet inside at cruise but louder at idle and way louder at WOT.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:08 AM
blownslt

[quote]ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

If you remove the rear cats without using a MIL eliminator or a tuner to turn them off the CEL WILL light up, its only a matter of time.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
firstonraceday96
2nd Gear Member

its cus your car has 6 cats take thoes ****ERS out.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:00 AM
blownslt

The rear 02 sensors are only inplace for one reason... to make sure the cats are working.
The car blownbayou is refering to is my 03 GT.. we had the rear cats cut out after putting 40 series flows on...Made a night and day difference. Thats been 2 years ago, no CEL, so how many more years before the light comes on??? The o2 sensors are on the car to provide the computer with feedback on the fuel to air mixture. They sense the oxygen in the exhaust stream and send a signal (voltage signal in millvolts I think) to the computer to make the proper adjustments. The cats just clean up the exhaust gases for emission purposes....
Old 04-14-2007, 11:56 AM
TOOT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraStangGT16

changing your tips can change your tone????

I've never heard of that before.
First it was suggested I do so buy the muffler shop that welded in my exhaust after I suggested that the after market add ons didn't make the exhaust as loud as I wanted.

It's a fact, Ichanged the tip on a lx, 5.0 after removing the stock mid piping and welding in high flows with Flowmaster muffs (regular shifting and down shifting set off car alarms),and on the 02 gt changed the tips after welding in the catted x and packs for a more aggressive tone.

The Pack's cat back come with 3.5 tips its for more than just looks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new exhaust not loud