4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New mods! no power???? HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:10 AM
jacksona9

Default New mods! no power???? HELP!!!

I own a 2000 Mustang GT w/85000 miles.Irecently put on an o/x pipe w/flowmastermufflers, sctexcalibrator 2 with custome tune, under drive pullys, K&N air filter, throttlebody spacer, frpp 3.73 and 1.25" frpp lowering springs. after installing everything I was curious what it was pushing to the rear wheels. I took my pile of **** to the dyno and the first three runs averaged 188 rwhp and 219 rwtq. Whats up with that? Ive heard of completly stock 2000 + GT having almost 240 rwhp. I advanced my timing and added more fuel using the sct tuner and was able to bump it up to 200 rwhp and 231tq. I know I dont have very many mods but,doesnt a bone stock 2000+04stang have more rwhp than mine?Any info would be greatly appreciated. Im also thinking of supercharging thiscar or possibly having a SHM 4v 4.6Lcobra engine dropped into it. Its one of those options or I'll be selling it for a terminator, which would probably be cheaper.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:13 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: New mods! no power???? HELP!!!

Who did the custom tune? Your #'s do seem a little low. What was your power curve like?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:18 AM
E714FEVER
3rd Gear Member

I think those are rated 265hp on the motor stock when they were brand new. I would run it on a different dyno. Deffinetly sounds like there's a problem somewhere.
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Yeah, somethings obviously up. You should be in the 235-245 hp range.
piledriver
Banned

With your mods you should be putting down at least 240hp.
Somethings wrong.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 AM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

You should be AT LEAST 220rwhp. With your mods, you should be no lower than 240. Somethings seriously wrong with your car, or the dyno you took it to is miscalibrated.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:24 AM
sfi
3rd Gear Member

Did you tune it on your SCT w/ a tune sent to you and you modifiedor did you have it air/fuel tuned at the place you dyno ?? Number sound pretty low. Also, was it on a mustang dyno. When I first got my car it dyno at 217. It's a auto. When I put every bolt on, minus cams/heads, I got 266.8 rwhp. I was very dissapointed, but the car ran strong and realized the number was actually pretty good compared to other mustangs. I assure you stock Mustangs that year didn't 240 rwhp.
My suggestion would be for you to get a air/fuel tune on your mustang at the place you dyno your car and see what is really going on with your car. You sould beable to use your SCT tuner and just pay the dyno time/plus they would drill a hole for a bung so the can attch a o2 monitor in your mid-pipe. Something sounds wrong w/ your numbers.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:48 PM
jacksona9

They did hook up an o2 sensor and the first 3 runs was off. After I advanced the timing and added more fuel the fuel / air ratio smoothed out perfectly and the owner of the dyno told me that I just dialedit in perfect.
I had Nick at american mucle custome tune my excalibrator.
I have a feeling that dyno is off but it is only 2 years old. I dunno. Before any mods were done I would hang by the same cars as mine and be dead even some times pull away. Now with my mods a wrx sti barely gets away from me. My car does fell alote more powerfull than it used to be but the dyno numbers were so low it kinda pisses me off that I barely broke 200 hp at the wheels. The dyno guy actually told me after my run "hey not bad for a v6" I almost lost it right there.
My friend just bought a 2003 GT and its bone stock. Imtaking him down to that dyno to see what his car runs.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:54 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jacksona9

They did hook up an o2 sensor and the first 3 runs was off. After I advanced the timing and added more fuel the fuel / air ratio smoothed out perfectly and the owner of the dyno told me that I just dialedit in perfect.
I had Nick at american mucle custome tune my excalibrator.
I have a feeling that dyno is off but it is only 2 years old. I dunno. Before any mods were done I would hang by the same cars as mine and be dead even some times pull away. Now with my mods a wrx sti barely gets away from me. My car does fell alote more powerfull than it used to be but the dyno numbers were so low it kinda pisses me off that I barely broke 200 hp at the wheels. The dyno guy actually told me after my run "hey not bad for a v6" I almost lost it right there.
My friend just bought a 2003 GT and its bone stock. Imtaking him down to that dyno to see what his car runs.
Thats what I was going to say. Check other peoples dyno sheets and that should tell you whats going on. Also, scan and put your dyno sheet up here so we can see it.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:00 PM
jacksona9

This was not done on a mustang dyno. I have no idea what the difference is.
Do you think I should check my compression in each cylinder or take it to a shop so they can comparethe two engine banks. I have a laptop so I can use that live link software to monitor my engine. should i record a video of it and post it ? what do you guys think?

Quick Reply: New mods! no power???? HELP!!!