4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Corner carver or drag stang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:07 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Corner carver or drag stang?

ORIGINAL: Aereon

I am into corner carving, just finished installing the first part of my suspension (coilovers, c/c plates, lca's) 2nd part of the suspension installation is gonna happen but just hafta find the time to get the parts from my room to underneath my car (torque arm and panhard bar). Thing is if you wanna think your badass going straight and a miata can eat you up in a turn.. how does that make you feel?=P

Thats like comparing two completely different things. stick a miata against you on the track and eat it up. run on a course and get beat.they arejust two diff things. *if its a good miataanyway
Old 04-17-2007, 09:12 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

I think for the average mustang owner its a lot easier to go fast in a straight line. Thats why some people are so supprised to see high dollar imports getting beaten by mustang and camaros in a stright line. Thoes cars were ment to go around a road course. Outa the box the ferrais, lambos, and porsches were ment to handle like the F1 cars.

Now personally i would much rather go fast in a straight line becasue theres really no place around here, except for route 66 that i can use a road course. As opposed to a strip monster when you can stomp it at every light.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BadSonicBlue02GT

I am into corner carving, just finished installing the first part of my suspension (coilovers, c/c plates, lca's) 2nd part of the suspension installation is gonna happen but just hafta find the time to get the parts from my room to underneath my car (torque arm and panhard bar). Thing is if you wanna think your badass going straight and a miata can eat you up in a turn.. how does that make you feel?=P

Thats like comparing two completely different things. stick a miata against you on the track and eat it up. run on a course and get beat.they arejust two diff things. *if its a good miataanyway
Yes I know, but to me I'd rather have the driving do the talking and not just power. Most of the stang owners run imports.. yea, but most import owners will blair their fart cannons at you on a curvy road. If your the kind that's like.."ok... just you wait till I get a straight road so i can downshift" then drag is fine, but for me I'm aiming for a 500 rwhp twin screwed DD setup that can atleast take corners without worrying about snap oversteer or a squirrely rear when I wanna take corners.

And Jdavis, the main difference is in where the spring is placed and the adjustability of it. I am currently slammed, my tires are into my wheel wells and I have about an inch clearance from chin spoiler to the ground, all it takes for me to go back to regular ride height tho is a quick twist of the collar and I can go 4x4'in again.. If you have the car setup right you may not need to have it aligned right. Also the coilovers place the springs on the shocks and struts, lowering unsprung weight (which is the best weight to lose) Relocating the springs makes the car feel much better, even with pretty stiff springs, my ride quality has increased dramatically.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:33 PM
jdavis
2nd Gear Member

Whats your entire setup? if ya dont mind brands also.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Corners. I live near some of most bad *** twisties on the planet, one of the biggest reasons I went with my snake....
Old 04-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I have 225lb front 325lb rear H&R coilover springs,MM hd bilstein shocks/struts coilover kit w/shocks and struts, MM caster/camber plates, MM extreme duty LCA, MM heavy duty torque arm, and MM panhard bar.I have the rear quadshock and the UCA's will be removed once I have enough time to finish installing the Torque arm and Panhard bar.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
jdavis
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the setup ideas, there dosent seem to be many corner carvers on this forum.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

most just wanna compare qtr mile and hp numbers heh.. but thats the nature of the beast..
Old 04-17-2007, 09:49 PM
notch5oh
3rd Gear Member

I have 225lb front 325lb rear H&R coilover springs,MM hd bilstein shocks/struts coilover kit w/shocks and struts, MM caster/camber plates, MM extreme duty LCA, MM heavy duty torque arm, and MM panhard bar.I have the rear quadshock and the UCA's will be removed once I have enough time to finish installing the Torque arm and Panhard bar.
i went the same route, but with tokico hp shocks/struts/springs andno torque arm, i alsofabed a 4pt. roll bar and k member brace.The choice to make my car corner fast was based on the fact that it had a 5 speed instead of an auto, if it was an auto i'd be at the strip all the time
Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
HOLLYWOOD99
2nd Gear Member

I would love to have a mid 400hp corner carver, the only problem is that the roads out here in phx are pretty much all straight...

Quick Reply: Corner carver or drag stang?