4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Corner carver or drag stang?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
8banger
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Corner carver or drag stang?

Did the lowered, 18 polished bullits and nice handling thing...of course it rode like ****z...I'm 37 and it got old bouncing around hitting and feeling every crack and bump....so I'm headin the other direction...drag car style....15x 10 prostars in the rear 15 x31/2 in the front and M/T Drag radials 275/50/15 in the rear and stock ride height.....gonna do some more UMTR racing....itswhole lots of fun...Code....hope yeah dont mind,,if I copy you abit....you inspired me
Old 04-17-2007, 09:56 PM
jdavis
2nd Gear Member

is there a paticular rim size to give optimum handling?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: notch5oh

ORIGINAL: Aereon

I have 225lb front 325lb rear H&R coilover springs,MM hd bilstein shocks/struts coilover kit w/shocks and struts, MM caster/camber plates, MM extreme duty LCA, MM heavy duty torque arm, and MM panhard bar.I have the rear quadshock and the UCA's will be removed once I have enough time to finish installing the Torque arm and Panhard bar.
i went the same route, but with tokico hp shocks/struts/springs andno torque arm, i alsofabed a 4pt. roll bar and k member brace.The choice to make my car corner fast was based on the fact that it had a 5 speed instead of an auto, if it was an auto i'd be at the strip all the time
without a torque arm, your looking at a 5 link rear... I would not advise keeping that rear setup if your gonna do open tracking or autoxing. If you do not want to install a torque arm, look into the poormans 3 link setup(unbolt either one of the UCA's) the main reason is your adding another arc of travel for the rear axle, and introducing another place for the axle to move into an extremely crappy rearend design. miracerros.com's suspension write up is a great read, also look into Corner-carvers.com. Just be aware tho, over there they do not allow stupid questions (use the search)
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdavis

is there a paticular rim size to give optimum handling?
depends on your application, if your going for handling, your gonna want some light weight with a stagger setup for the rear. As your hp grows your gonna want the rear to get wider meats.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdavis

Ive noticed most lean toward the drag stang or at least ETs. not much mention of the corner carvin performance. What are u guys opinions?
After owning several German cars in my short life, corner carving is what I like.
Not into the dragstrip scene, but I enjoy watching and learning about it.

Different strokes for different folks.

Old 04-17-2007, 10:04 PM
jdavis
2nd Gear Member

yea well i figured id use the 1200 bucks or so towards something else my wheels are stock and so is my engine. i guess they will do for a bit.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

If your just modding your DD I wouldnt do what I have done.. its more suspension then you'll ever be able to use on the street.. (safely)
Coilovers are really nice tho, a cheap setup costs about 700, more developed ones like griggs and mm's are close to 1500 and come with shocks/struts and cc plates
Old 04-17-2007, 10:10 PM
jdavis
2nd Gear Member

Yea its a dd at the moment a beater is another mod soon to come.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzpDOFOvdek

This is what a mustang with good suspension can do.. if you were in a mustang with a stock rear 4 link and just some loweing springs you wouldnt be able to accomplish this with such ease.. look at his hands!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 PM
lucki96gt
3rd Gear Member

That's what I am going for is a carver. This is what I want for Christmas
http://www.stangsuspension.com/store...?idproduct=931

Quick Reply: Corner carver or drag stang?