4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

500 hp 2v

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:35 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

Default 500 hp 2v

What is it gonna take to get my car to 500 horspower at the wheel besides a built motor (i know that part lol). i'm thinkin i can build the motor and stick a shot of Nitrous on it but i kinda like havin the power all the time not just when pressin the button. Current Mods are:

Novi 1000 Supercharger 6.5 psi (crap!)
Long tube headers
Off road X
Flows
3.73's
Diablo tuner
shorty shifter

I know the things i can do but i'm in this state where i just want a cobra sooo bad its not even funny. I'm tryin to talk myself outta it but i haven't been able to do so thus far. Can someone help me reconsider?! I'm lost[:@]
Old 04-17-2007, 08:37 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 500 hp 2v

the thing i like about a cobra is it comes better built i dont have ta pay on it ya know. even though it costs more i dont have the kinda money to shell out for a new motor and all, it just seems to me cobra is the easier route. Plus, its a cobra!
Old 04-17-2007, 08:47 PM
mlax
2nd Gear Member

500 is easy to get. You will need the block of course. Get a set of stage 2 heads and blower cams larger throttle body and better plenum and pully that blower to about 14lbs. Should be there no problem. If not add an Anderson powerpipe and do a meth injection.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:52 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

i was really under the impression that it's be slightly harder than that. hmmm
Old 04-17-2007, 08:54 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlax

500 is easy to get. You will need the block of course. Get a set of stage 2 heads and blower cams larger throttle body and better plenum and pully that blower to about 14lbs. Should be there no problem. If not add an Anderson powerpipe and do a meth injection.
not sure but i thought i heard that aftermarket heads for our 2v's arent that great and that takin the stock heads and portin and polishing and all would be good
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

500 bhp is not hard all you need is a blower... if you want 500 rwhp, your in for a lot...
1) suspension, no use in having power if your in a ditch
2) rear end, you do not wanna hear it snap or crunch
3) motor
4) tranny
5) blower/fi
6) good tune

Old 04-17-2007, 08:59 PM
MustangDavid
I ♥ Acer

You'll want a cooler of some sort too
Old 04-17-2007, 09:00 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

500 bhp is not hard all you need is a blower... if you want 500 rwhp, your in for a lot...
1) suspension, no use in having power if your in a ditch
2) rear end, you do not wanna hear it snap or crunch
3) motor
4) tranny
5) blower/fi GOT IT
6) good tune GOT IT
Ok i realize what i need to go fast on the suspension and all i just wanna know the best route to get the power that i want. Not the timeslips i know what to do on that one

**EDIT**
Not to be rude but i thought i made it apparent that i knew the basics of what i had to do. So this post didnt really help that much at all. Mind being a little more specific on the things i asked about. O and i'm really not tryin to sound rude about this i just dunno how else to put it
Old 04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

You could have 500rwhp as you sit. Just up the boost. Would it last? Probably not. But technically, you are already capable of it.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

alright then your pretty much on your way... your gonna want some stronger LCA's to plant the wheels on a launch.. if you corner much and plan on running that much power, your also gonna wanna look into getting rid of the UCA's. Miracerros has some good things on suspension. Also your going to want a set of full length sub frames (before buying any suspension parts give griggs and maximum motorsports a call.. they know their stuff, and will stand behind their product). Also tires should not be skimped on, they are the only connection you have to the road, spend more and save your life, true brakes provide stopping power, but if your brakes lock up your wheels then your screwed if you have crappy tires. Then look into some larger rotors, I would suggest 13" or 14" blanks. Next your gonna wanna look at your rear axle, pick yourself up a set of 31 spline axles, and a nice strong girdle for your diff. Look into a torsen tr2 lsd. Go find a nice engine builder, I have liked what I've read and seen from vtengines, but others prefer other engine builders, let them know your goals, what you have done, and how you plan on going about it.. they will help you out with your decision.

And this is just my preference tho, with that much horsepower I'd rather have a built auto with a nice stall. Reason being is a missed shift could mean the end to a very expensive engine.. I'd just rather not hafta deal with it after a long days work.

Quick Reply: 500 hp 2v