4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally got my shortblock back *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:11 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Finally got my shortblock back

$3500 anywhere else? i paid $2800 shipped. would have been less if that bastard didn't back out of his shortblock to save me on shipping!

grats though. you still have more money and more work to go to put that block to good use
Old 04-18-2007, 01:11 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

The best a man can get [8D]
ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

ORIGINAL: kweb288

nice man, looks good, is it a cobra or gt block and what year?
GT romeo block.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:12 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

So you had a shop assemble and balance it?
Yes I would have assembled it myself but the rings were file fit and I didnt feel like messing with it. It was only $150 for the assembely so I figured why not.

I allready installed the heads and oil pump and was getting ready to install the pickup when I noticed that they put the pick up stud in the wrong main cap. So now I have to swap the 2 studs tomorrow before I can go any further.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:13 AM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

eh sorry but i dont trust your tech stuff.....you are still 100% wrong on your flywheel theory..
Old 04-18-2007, 01:17 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

$3500 anywhere else? i paid $2800 shipped. would have been less if that bastard didn't back out of his shortblock to save me on shipping!

grats though. you still have more money and more work to go to put that block to good use
http://www.vtengines.com/store/index...oducts_id=1424This is about the same as my block
Old 04-18-2007, 01:19 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

VT is a bit overpriced. i got an MMR block and it's wonderful! either way though, you got off "light' on the hardware!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:33 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timeformiller44

eh sorry but i dont trust your tech stuff.....you are still 100% wrong on your flywheel theory..
Here you go smart guy. My brand new billet flywheel and march dampner. I guess they dont come to you perfectly balanced do they. See how much weight they had to take out to make it balanced. And a stock motor does need the weight of stock flywheel to help it spin. Go back to school.

Old 04-18-2007, 01:36 AM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

hey **** u.....lightweight DEFINTALY INCREASES RWHP...just bc u are stubborn and are afraid to admit your wrong....im not saying u are wrong about billit..and where u got it from...butttttttt you are wrong when u say lightweight decreases HP....less rotating mass is better for HP maybe not for track..but good for someone who wants power... AND LIGHTWEIGHT HELPS THE MOTOR SPIN MORE FREE IT THE FLYWHEEL DOESNT HELP THE MOTOR SPIN WHERE THE HELL U LEARN THAT!
Old 04-18-2007, 01:37 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

VT is a bit overpriced. i got an MMR block and it's wonderful! either way though, you got off "light' on the hardware!
Yeah I like MMR. I was looking to buy one of their blocks before I found a good machine shop around here.
Old 04-18-2007, 01:40 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timeformiller44

hey **** u.....lightweight DEFINTALY INCREASES RWHP...just bc u are stubborn and are afraid to admit your wrong....im not saying u are wrong about billit..and where u got it from...butttttttt you are wrong when u say lightweight decreases HP....less rotating mass is better for HP maybe not for track..but good for someone who wants power... AND LIGHTWEIGHT HELPS THE MOTOR SPIN MORE FREE IT THE FLYWHEEL DOESNT HELP THE MOTOR SPIN WHERE THE HELL U LEARN THAT!
I'll admit that your right that an aluminum flywheel will increase rwhp but at around 6000rpms. What good is that. The rest of the curve suffers from it.

Quick Reply: Finally got my shortblock back *UPDATE*