4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally got my shortblock back *UPDATE*

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally got my shortblock back *update*

Well I worked for a few hours after work today and I'm almost done. I'll finish up tomorrow and post up the how-to.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:26 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally got my shortblock back

OxfordGT, are you around Clarksville? I know we talked before about it, but I dont know if I've ever seen you riding around town or not. Anyways, seems like what your doing is going real well and I hope everything turns out ok. Where are you gonna go and run the 1/4 mile, Bowling Green or Nashville?
Old 04-19-2007, 03:32 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

looks good man... how did you paint the valve covers??? only thing i have that you dont looks to be the oil pan is on...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:35 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: timeformiller44

hey **** u.....lightweight DEFINTALY INCREASES RWHP...just bc u are stubborn and are afraid to admit your wrong....im not saying u are wrong about billit..and where u got it from...butttttttt you are wrong when u say lightweight decreases HP....less rotating mass is better for HP maybe not for track..but good for someone who wants power... AND LIGHTWEIGHT HELPS THE MOTOR SPIN MORE FREE IT THE FLYWHEEL DOESNT HELP THE MOTOR SPIN WHERE THE HELL U LEARN THAT!
wanna buy a fidanza aluminum flywheel for a 6 bolt crank???
Old 04-19-2007, 05:16 AM
firstonraceday96
2nd Gear Member

wow nice.. i cant wait for the write up
Old 04-19-2007, 06:03 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I cannot wait to see the results, I have been asking everyone and nobody can seem to tell me why the engines from VT etc are so expensive compared to just buying the rotating assembly.

2200 bucks.... thats a STEAL. What did you do for the oil pump etc though? I have heard yuo need billet gears etc, or is this wrong?

I want a shortblock bad, but by the time you spend 3500 on the block and then 1100 on the fuel tank/pumps, plus more for the fuel line, injectors etc it gets out of hand. But for 2200 that really cuts down on the price!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:27 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

Well I worked for a few hours after work today and I'm almost done. I'll finish up tomorrow and post up the how-to.
Sweet, I was gonna paint my valve covers Ford Blue also but never got around to it lol. Thanks to your great tech advice I am finished my motor. I just got home from work so I'll be hitting the hey but I might get my car towed today to get the LTs installed. Just 250 bucks from a great Mustang Performance shop in my area that did my heads. Thanks again!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Buitifull... how long did it take you to put the heads on and install the cams and everything... looks like a huge PITA to me.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I cannot wait to see the results, I have been asking everyone and nobody can seem to tell me why the engines from VT etc are so expensive compared to just buying the rotating assembly.

2200 bucks.... thats a STEAL. What did you do for the oil pump etc though? I have heard yuo need billet gears etc, or is this wrong?

I want a shortblock bad, but by the time you spend 3500 on the block and then 1100 on the fuel tank/pumps, plus more for the fuel line, injectors etc it gets out of hand. But for 2200 that really cuts down on the price!
This is all I did for the oil pump. High volume. My motor is percision balanced so the danger is lower that I will blow the gears. The reason VT and other shops are so expensive is because they can be. They have a name you can trust and you are going to pay for it. You are paying for the labor of the assembely also. I have built many engines in my day some for friends for free some for friends of friends for $$$$. I think the most I ever charged was $3000 to build a forged 5.4L. But I had to get the block, parts and everything out of that $3000 and all I ended up getting for take home was $400. LOL but Im not well know.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:29 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rusmisel01GT

Buitifull... how long did it take you to put the heads on and install the cams and everything... looks like a huge PITA to me.
It took about 10 min per head to get it torqued down correctly. Probably about another 5-10 per head to get them assembeled.

Its not hard at all. If you like engines as much I do then time was flying by. I have about a total of 3 hours to get the engine where it is now. Today Ill finish and depending on what time my clutch comes in today I might be tossing this thing back in the car today.

Quick Reply: Finally got my shortblock back *UPDATE*