4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lookie what Mr. UPS brought me

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 02:15 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lookie what Mr. UPS brought me

im lovin UPS right now... because of them showing up early today and it only taking 3 days to get my K member stuff, my k member is now in the car.

btw, do the long tubes yourself.. it will save waiting and it will be fun and a learning experience... also cheaper... only takes a few hours with an impact... thats on jack stands.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:19 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

im lovin UPS right now... because of them showing up early today and it only taking 3 days to get my K member stuff, my k member is now in the car.

btw, do the long tubes yourself.. it will save waiting and it will be fun and a learning experience... also cheaper... only takes a few hours with an impact... thats on jack stands.
Trust me, if I had the time, tools, mechanical know how, and a second car, I would gladly tackle the installation. The most advanced thing I've been able to do myself has been my throttle body/plenum.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:26 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

hmm... all you need is a 100 piece tool kit, breaker bar, jack, 2 jack stands... now get on it!! just take stuff off till they fit. lol

front suspension goes off... have the motor on a cherry picker, and lower the motor down some and take the stock exhaust off... then put the new on... you need atleast 2 peeps to pick up the k member, that stock piece of crap is pretty heavy
Old 04-19-2007, 02:30 AM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

hmm... all you need is a 100 piece tool kit, breaker bar, jack, 2 jack stands... now get on it!! just take stuff off till they fit. lol

front suspension goes off... have the motor on a cherry picker, and lower the motor down some and take the stock exhaust off... then put the new on... you need atleast 2 peeps to pick up the k member, that stock piece of crap is pretty heavy
Lol, see this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. There is no way I'd be able to unhook things and put them back right. I'll just bitch up and pay the installation fee that the shop is charging me, and know that it was done right lol.

On the other hand, if someone was close to central Ohio and wanted to tear into a car....I'd be down for a weekend of installing headers, and would supply food/beer/pop/whatever.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:54 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

well... central ohio is no where close to east tennessee... otherwise i would be down for it. lol

ive got just about anything to do anything to a car... except a welder is all i really lack.. and a lift..

do you have a midpipe?? does it have to be welded on.. i havent seen headers yet for these cars that dont have a flange to bolt the mid pipe on till now...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:05 AM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

I love AM, I just drove the 35 mins to them to get my clutch. Cool group of guys. Going back up to get my head lights, fog lights, chin spoiler, and grill delete soon. Deff get a sound clip on here though. I can't wait to get my Macs installed. Not as good of quality but good enough.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:10 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

well... central ohio is no where close to east tennessee... otherwise i would be down for it. lol

ive got just about anything to do anything to a car... except a welder is all i really lack.. and a lift..

do you have a midpipe?? does it have to be welded on.. i havent seen headers yet for these cars that dont have a flange to bolt the mid pipe on till now...
Yea I have the SLP catted X midpipe. Thats one reason I went with the SLP longtubes...they made the midpipe so that it will fit both stock headers, and their longtubes (theres a section of pipe that you just remove.) And now that you mention it.........why arent there flanges on them? Thats kinda weird.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
1hotdrp
3rd Gear Member

Yea I have the SLP catted X midpipe. Thats one reason I went with the SLP longtubes...they made the midpipe so that it will fit both stock headers, and their longtubes (theres a section of pipe that you just remove.) And now that you mention it.........why arent there flanges on them? Thats kinda weird.
thats why i went with slp plus im **** about things matching.my exhaust is all slp..lol
Old 04-19-2007, 06:52 PM
1BadSonicBlue02GT
4th Gear Member

Just curious why you'd say it will be a fun learning experience. THE HELL WITH THAT. I did my headers myself and dreaded every min of it. it sucked, but i didnt have to pay for it so ya
Old 04-19-2007, 07:19 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Sound clip of just the headers, Real QUICK!

Quick Reply: Lookie what Mr. UPS brought me