4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

A$$ handed to me

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:43 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: A$$ handed to me

ORIGINAL: djb1187

seriously...i never had a problem with a pos charger...i dont know why mustang guys are getting beat by those cars

[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 04-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

If I only had a dollar everytime I heard "Im getting a forged shortblock with 'insert power adder here." Id be a rich rich man.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:46 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Old 04-19-2007, 12:48 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

^ I agree.....but talk to Chris at XX Tuning......its already been ordered from VT and I'm dropping it off in May
Old 04-19-2007, 12:50 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyy??? wouldnt a PI swap be a helluva lot cheaper for you? unless of course you did something to blow up your motor and want a stock bottom end lol....plus shipping from CT to FL....ehhhh.....haha i wouldnt be against selling it but I'd just feel bad for you lol.....
No, I'm rocking the stocker till she pops.. Think it too late to swap heads on her now.. So I'm throwing her the bottle and seeing how long she holds...

But a fresher motor wouldn't have any problems..[8D]
Old 04-19-2007, 12:54 AM
MustangDavid
I ♥ Acer

seriously...i never had a problem with a pos charger...i dont know why mustang guys are getting beat by those cars
THis site is awesome. I wish I could meet all of you who "beat a vette/charger/z-28/hung in there with a viper" with cold air intake and a gear in the back.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:00 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gt96stang

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhyyyyyy??? wouldnt a PI swap be a helluva lot cheaper for you? unless of course you did something to blow up your motor and want a stock bottom end lol....plus shipping from CT to FL....ehhhh.....haha i wouldnt be against selling it but I'd just feel bad for you lol.....
No, I'm rocking the stocker till she pops.. Think it too late to swap heads on her now.. So I'm throwing her the bottle and seeing how long she holds...

But a fresher motor wouldn't have any problems..[8D]
lol well dont quote me...but i think you'd also have ignition/computer issues with a 99+ engine in a 98 or earlier correct? Like I said, I'll sell it, I just dont want to screw anyone over with something they cant use.

Plus I was talking to the guys at the shop that are gonna do my swap about keepin the old motor for sh*ts and giggles, and they were like "hell yeah you can have the stocker....you wouldnt believe how expensive it is for us to dispose of all the stock parts we rip off of cars....because its all brought out by a disposal company that charges by weight...not by volume" .....and they only get stuffed removed once a week lol....i was there one time when they had rusted exhaust stuff and just TONS (literally) of take-off parts and metal shrappenal all over the place....

long story short....I'll sell you the block and internals, and cams.....but my heads are stayin as Id rather spend the money to rework them as opposed to dropping like 2k on ported/polished heads.....just make sure itll work for ya, figure out the shipping costs from CT to FL and about the 2nd week in May we'll talk [8D]

Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangDavid

THis site is awesome. I wish I could meet all of you who "beat a vette/charger/z-28/hung in there with a viper" with cold air intake and a gear in the back.
agreed....dont get me wrong, i love my car...

its sad tho....its kinda like us making fun of ricers......how you hear stangers tell stories like "so i was driving on the highway at like 85 not even paying attention, and I look out my window and this guy in a civic thought we were racing.....pfff.....4 bangers.....pff......."

I bet thats what all the vettes/maros/chargers think when they see us..."pffff....mustangs...."

like i said before....race a charger again from a roll...not from a dead stop.....you'll be readin the license plate in no time
Old 04-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangDavid

LOL x mother****ing infinity.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:19 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

No don't worry about I am really just messing with you... I'm not looking to do anything till my stocker pops...

Quick Reply: A$$ handed to me