4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My decision.... Need advice on S/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default My decision.... Need advice on S/C

Well i have decided agaisnt the 03/04 cobra because i think its just too much money for sometihng i dont even need.... I dont need 600+rwhp so it doesnt really make since to do anything but s/c my GT and be happy with my 400rwhp.

So let the modding begin on my soon to be evil GT [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Ok first off... What supporting mods do i need for my s/c? I have an idea but list them off for me! My goal is 400rwhp so let me know exactly what i should do.
I plan on getting the Kenny Bell just because i want that sick whine! Is anyone unhappy with this s/c?
Wouldnt getting a cold air intake or RAI help out with the s/c?

And one more question.... I have a fellow member that is going to sell me a built 5-speed transmission for $500. Dont tell me not to do it because it is stupid because my decision is made.
So if you could give me a ballpark guess on how much it is going to take to convert me to a 5-speed!

Thanks guys!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:09 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: My decision.... Need advice on S/C

Old 04-19-2007, 12:23 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

as far as supporting mods, youll need a fuel pump, spark plugs, injectors, maf,blower itself, and maybe a few other small things. your looking at 5500-6000 for a brand new kit, along with extra parts. im not gonna dog you for wanting a KB, but considering the money your paying for it, id say just get a centri blower, youll have the same power, for less. but just a thought.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:28 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

Well i have decided agaisnt the 03/04 cobra because i think its just too much money for sometihng i dont even need.... I dont need 600+rwhp so it doesnt really make since to do anything but s/c my GT and be happy with my 400rwhp.

So let the modding begin on my soon to be evil GT [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Ok first off... What supporting mods do i need for my s/c? I have an idea but list them off for me! My goal is 400rwhp so let me know exactly what i should do.
I plan on getting the Kenny Bell just because i want that sick whine! Is anyone unhappy with this s/c?
Wouldnt getting a cold air intake or RAI help out with the s/c?

And one more question.... I have a fellow member that is going to sell me a built 5-speed transmission for $500. Dont tell me not to do it because it is stupid because my decision is made.
So if you could give me a ballpark guess on how much it is going to take to convert me to a 5-speed!

Thanks guys!
+938459345 for stickin with a GT! I bought a GT, loved it, ordered a bunch of parts for it then got into a big wreck (hit from behind at a light).....had the opportunity (and insurance/settlement money) to buy a cobra.....but I'm happier slowly buildin somethin from the ground up.....and paying less on insurance haha

anyway, I too am leaning towards a KB.....while reading up on them I ran across an article that went thru all sorts of different modification setups used with the KB (different throttle bodies/CAI/exhaust stuff etc etc).....other than cams, the article said that no 'minor bolt ons' make too much of a difference until elevated boost levels which they said to be 12-15 +...which by then you should be way above 400hp anyway right haha.....i'll try and find that article for ya....

and with a KB (instant boost) you're not gonna be a track terror *spin spin spin* unless you build up the rear end and get suspension mods to plant it.

personally...i'm goin for the road-racing approach since i dont even know of a quarter mile strip near me....all my suspension mods are to make my GT into a corner carver
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

as far as supporting mods, youll need a fuel pump, spark plugs, injectors, maf,blower itself, and maybe a few other small things. your looking at 5500-6000 for a brand new kit, along with extra parts. im not gonna dog you for wanting a KB, but considering the money your paying for it, id say just get a centri blower, youll have the same power, for less. but just a thought.
Doesnt all that stuff come in the kit if you buy it that way?

What s/c would you guys recomend? Do they all whine pretty loud?

And GT03 TJS how do you like that mac catback? I am considering getting that.... How do they compare to flows?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:35 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

If you decide to go K/B and you buy the complete kit there is not much else you can bolt on that will make any significant gains. Their kits come with boost a pump. You replace the entire intake. The only thing I ended up using was my 75mm throttle body and exhaust system of course
Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 AM
MustangDavid
I ♥ Acer

Well said.

Take a ride in a 2v with a vortech. It takes about .333 seconds to get into boost. Kenne bell's are a good substitution for the terminators, but not so much for a 2v...
Old 04-19-2007, 12:37 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

I love it.....sounds pretty mean. Of course I never had it on by itself...i did the midpipe/catback swap at the same time.....

if you do get MAC, do yourself a favor and give em a call and order the stainless steel stuff....the cheaper aluminum ones have bad knack for not lasting too long.....

heres some clips.....short ones lol...camera kept dying

startup http://youtube.com/watch?v=72dOAiNM-7w
light rev http://youtube.com/watch?v=RyeDnWQhnWA
Old 04-19-2007, 12:38 AM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

Doesnt all that stuff come in the kit if you buy it that way?

What s/c would you guys recomend? Do they all whine pretty loud?

And GT03 TJS how do you like that mac catback? I am considering getting that.... How do they compare to flows?
somethin like the mongoose kit would yes, i cant remember how much exactly it was, i dont think KB offers a complete kit. i know my blower sounds like a jet engine when im in boost. i luv it. no whine though, but i dont have a problem taking down stock to very lightly modified cobras. i personally would recomend a centri blower just because theyre cheaper and make the same power. people that say centris dont make power down low dont own a centri blower. i can spin my tires in second gear at 1500 rpms, with 295" tires. i make 300rwtq at 2000rpm. they make plenty of power.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:41 AM
yellowgtstang18
4th Gear Member

If you got the money go KB

Quick Reply: My decision.... Need advice on S/C