4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

99 GSX Eclipse vs. 02 Mustang GT

Old 04-21-2007, 04:36 AM
MustangDavid
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 99 GSX Eclipse vs. 02 Mustang GT

99% of the people on here are jealous that they'll get their asses handed to them by a 4 banger. And they will.

The turbo'd gsx's are fun to drive and will school 75% of the mustangs on this board. IMO awd turbo 4 banger is way more fun to drive that a mustang gt. JMO
Old 04-21-2007, 04:43 AM
jt01gt
2nd Gear Member

**** eclipse's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:45 AM
jt01gt
2nd Gear Member

who is this guy??????????? ^
Old 04-21-2007, 06:58 AM
GT STANG
2nd Gear Member

99% of the people on here are jealous that they'll get their asses handed to them by a 4 banger. And they will.

The turbo'd gsx's are fun to drive and will school 75% of the mustangs on this board. IMO awd turbo 4 banger is way more fun to drive that a mustang gt. JMO
i dont think so.. u may go faster but what is more fun then driving a car with lots of torque.... NOTHIN!!!! u can have ur ricer top end i will enjoy my torque and realabilty
Old 04-21-2007, 04:01 PM
theorgnlimprtkillr
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangDavid

you think about this. if you put a turbo or a supercharger on a mustang youll be outrunning a silly little 4-bangers
Old 04-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theorgnlimprtkillr

you think about this. if you put a turbo or a supercharger on a mustang youll be outrunning a silly little 4-bangers
Terminators.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:28 PM
wes ley n the G T
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theorgnlimprtkillr

^^ 'Nuff said
Old 04-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Tourqe is whats the difference. And mustangs have a history, not like the DSM where their considered the bastard children of Chrysler. (funny story; In the Chystler production shops they have an order they have to park in or they get a ticket... Up close next to the building is the true chrysler cars, then any other american cars, and the DSM park in the back with the other ricers.) I have both a mustang and a GSX. I love my GSX but it will never be my mustang! My GSX has the potential to be faster than my stang, and actually was at one point. There an easy car to build and for the price per HP you can't beat them. But your starting way behind. With it being a 99, you have to think about "crankwalk" and what happens when you turn the boost up and blow a head gasket... I've seen stock 4g63's stock gasket hold 30lbs of boost but I've also seem them blow at 21. I run my stock 14b at 19 without a tune and she runs13's all day long... Stangs are better for an all around car but they're too damn expensive to build.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

ORIGINAL: Red02GT

Yeah but you'll be driving a chick's car.

Winning races isn't everything, there's always a faster car. You ain't gonna pick up a chick in a 99 GSX, trust me.
I can pick up a chick on a tricycle...
someone call the cops, this guy is a child molestor. stay away from girls on tricycles, sick bastard!
Hey, if theres grass on the field, PLAY BALL. If not, flip em' over and play in the mud.
That's a classic. My friend says, "If she's old enough to have a vagina, she's old enough to get f*cked." I told him that went way to far and he should get help.

For the thread starter, get the Mustang. The GSX is AWD and Turbo and could be upgraded to smoke some stangs but you will love the V8 power and RWD of an American sports car. I knew a guy with a GSX and he loved it but he didn't like the fact that it was a chicks car.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:18 PM
snov001

Mustangs are an American classic with tons of history. You can't compare FWD, AWDs newbies to a Stang. Its like comparing a wonderful big, crisp apple to something my dog does in the back yard. Finally that throaty V8 sound... can't get that awesome sound with 4 spark plugs.

SN

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 99 GSX Eclipse vs. 02 Mustang GT