4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mr.UPS Came Again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 04:39 PM
06z28eater
3rd Gear Member

Default Mr.UPS Came Again!

Its bad when the ups guy knows you by name LOL but yesterday the man in brown brought me 2 packages from americanmuscle, a 3.73 gear kit with install kit and a mach 1 chin spoiler, already got the mach1 spoiler on, its awesome, no problem at all to put on, but the gears will be installed by a local shop, the guy quoted me a 200 bucks, says it is an 8 hour job but he has a guy who, "grits his teeth with mustangs" and it shouldnt take him nearly that long, so hopefully wednesday i can get them put in, but i do have a question...

i found out that the car has a sct tune on it, but i can not modify it, and i still have this hypertech tuner sitting here, i wonder if i can use the tuner as a speedcal, and onyl use it to adjust the gear ratio, i wonder if the computer would allow that to happen? i know it wont let me put a tune on it but maybe this would work, so i wouldnt have to buy a f'n speedcal, anyone have any idea?