4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MOTOR IS IN!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 03:32 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MOTOR IS IN!!!

Wow, you guys are smart. Good luck with the rest of the install man. When are you getting it tuned? I couldn't imagine not driving my car for a year.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:43 AM
firstonraceday96
2nd Gear Member

nice job congrats wish me luck i just started my motor pull a few days ago.... and yes the ps pump is a bitch i still cant get the pressure hose off so it hanging there....[:@]
Old 04-22-2007, 03:50 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: firstonraceday96

nice job congrats wish me luck i just started my motor pull a few days ago.... and yes the ps pump is a bitch i still cant get the pressure hose off so it hanging there....[:@]
i let the power steering pump hang, i didnt want to disconnect it... i also let the a/c compressor hang down as well...

jpmustanggt, i should be getting it tuned probably in mid june. i still have to break the motor in, and put a fuel system, nitrous, and blower on... i will be breaking the motor in n/a but when i hit 1000-1500 miles... i will put the blower on. i just want everything to seat before i let it get very small amounts of boost even.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:57 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

the motor is in... finally!! i did it myself because i couldnt find anyone to help me drop it in... took alittle more time, but after tilting the motor some more and such with the bigger oil pan, it cleared the radiator cross member. and now everything is all good. i put all the wiring back on, and intake manifold etc... the only things yet to go in are the headers, a/c compressor has to be bolted on, and also power steering.... not bad for one person anda few hours of work. i hope to get all but the headers on tomorrow since the gaskets should be here hopefully monday... this week, she will be out on the road for the first time since last year!!!
Didnt ask the right guy. [&:]

Good luck with the rest, and seriously, I'd be glad to help
Old 04-22-2007, 05:03 AM
breagles
2nd Gear Member

Cut the stupid brackets and use heavy duty zip ties .
Old 04-22-2007, 08:40 AM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

I'm glad to see so many people doing there own motor builds. I start mine tomorrow and have got a lot of usefull tips from here. Hmmmm, note to self, prepare for power steering pump to be a bitch.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: contentsunderpressur

I'm glad to see so many people doing there own motor builds. I start mine tomorrow and have got a lot of usefull tips from here. Hmmmm, note to self, prepare for power steering pump to be a bitch.
dont prepare for it, because you know no matter what, it will be one.....
Old 04-22-2007, 12:50 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

the motor is in... finally!! i did it myself because i couldnt find anyone to help me drop it in... took alittle more time, but after tilting the motor some more and such with the bigger oil pan, it cleared the radiator cross member. and now everything is all good. i put all the wiring back on, and intake manifold etc... the only things yet to go in are the headers, a/c compressor has to be bolted on, and also power steering.... not bad for one person anda few hours of work. i hope to get all but the headers on tomorrow since the gaskets should be here hopefully monday... this week, she will be out on the road for the first time since last year!!!

Didnt ask the right guy. [&:]

Good luck with the rest, and seriously, I'd be glad to help
yea... i was jumpy to get it in... and all the local peeps here all wanted to go to the rod run.... ill give you a call when i get it running or if i need help getting the headers in (which i shouldnt really)
Old 04-22-2007, 01:01 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

did you do the coolant mod while you had the motor out?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:04 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

did you do the coolant mod while you had the motor out?
whats the coolant mod? lol... isnt that only with cobra heads??

Quick Reply: MOTOR IS IN!!!