4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP LM1 with O/R H-pipe : RPM levels?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 AM
BHMustangGT
3rd Gear Member

Default SLP LM1 with O/R H-pipe : RPM levels?

If I were to install the LM1s with my Mac O/R H-pipe would I be able to cruise around under 2,000 rpms without attracting too much attention from cops? Basically what I'm wanting to know is how "streetable" is this setup under 2,000 rpms? I don't want to have to worry about cops coming up beside or behind me at stop lights and not be able to accelerate with out too attracting too much attention.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2007, 11:35 AM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP LM1 with O/R H-pipe : RPM levels?

SLP LM's are crap. They sound like **** and make tons of backpressure (bad for HP). Get Flowmasters or Mac muffs. Flowmasters actually make a vacuum in the exhaust, basically negative backpressure (good for HP).
-P.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: P Zero

SLP LM's are crap. They sound like **** and make tons of backpressure (bad for HP).

??? explain? I was looking to switch my flows to SLP LM2s [:-]
Old 04-23-2007, 12:00 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Theyre basically like cherry bomb mufflers. Theyre not really muffler at all, theyre resonators. On the inside of em is kind a grater lookin thing (think cheese grater). Just like the cherry bombs they make a lot of backpressure, basically an exhaust gas caused exhaust flow restriction. When the exhaust leaving the engine gets to the resonator it wants to turn around and go back to the motor. Making a restriction, basically. Theyre meant to SOUND mean, but they really just suck. And IMO, they sound like you have a bad exhaust leak, not custom exhaust (thats just my opinion, though), some people like it.
-P.
PS: Do a little research on flow #'s, usually the higher the flow the more power you can make. Especially @ higher RPM's.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

ORIGINAL: P Zero

SLP LM's are crap. They sound like **** and make tons of backpressure (bad for HP).

??? explain? I was looking to switch my flows to SLP LM2s [:-]
Flows sound soooo much better!! Don't do it man! [sm=noooo.gif]
Old 04-23-2007, 12:05 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

boing. I do like the sound they make.....hm....might get something else then. thanks.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

boing. I do like the sound they make.....hm....might get something else then. thanks.
What midpipe do you have? Maybe if you change that up you will get the sound you are looking for.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:41 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

ORIGINAL: Jaybird79

What midpipe do you have? Maybe if you change that up you will get the sound you are looking for.
oh i got the O/R H + flows combo...maybe i'll just buy long tubes and pay a ****load to get then installed
Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

why would Loudmouths couse back pressure they are straight through they would have less back pressure get the LMs they are sick sounding dont get flows they drone really bad and they will eventually rust out because the metal they are made of the SLP's are stainless so they wont rust
Old 04-23-2007, 01:02 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

How the hell do you figure a straight through pipe causes more backpressure? Dude you dont know wtf you are talking about. I like the way the LM1s and LM2s sound. If you wanna sound like every other mustang on the road buy flows, if you want a loud, I mean really loud, aggressive exhaust note get the LM1s. More backpressure from a straight through resonator...............[sm=bs.gif]. Thats like saying longtubes have more backpressure because the exhuast gasses get bottlenecked at the collector.

Quick Reply: SLP LM1 with O/R H-pipe : RPM levels?