4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Well, Machwon now has another Mach 1!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ummm...when did Machwon get another Mach 1?

Hey Rex,

Had a quick question. I know when I was driving the M1 i remember that the shift throw on that car felt so much shorter than my GT even though we both had orange handle MGW's. When you were following me in my car did my throw feel longer than yourGT cause I think you said u had a T45 also. I was just wondering if the difference was transmission to transmission or if I got a wierd shifter.

EDIT - Oh yeah... question to you or Dan.. Whats up on that hood?
Old 04-23-2007, 08:37 PM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 35thAnni99GT

Hey Rex,

Had a quick question. I know when I was driving the M1 i remember that the shift throw on that car felt so much shorter than my GT even though we both had orange handle MGW's. When you were following me in my car did my throw feel longer than yourGT cause I think you said u had a T45 also. I was just wondering if the difference was transmission to transmission or if I got a wierd shifter.

Honestly ive shifted a couple MGWs including my own and yours feels nothing like one. Not sure whats up wit that.

Not sure about the hood, PM me what you mean.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amrcnidyot

cool, how long in advance do you start planing the big one, ill have to make sure i dont work.

oh and congrats on the mach, probably my favorite new edge mustang.
We try to plan about a month ahead of time. I'll start putting the word out about early - mid august, and the cruise will probably be in late august, to early september. we have a 4-5 people normally come up from Wichita, so you could def cruise with them.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:49 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Machone where are you located? I thought you lived in CO? Im the Events coordinater for the mustang mafia colorado.
In the summers I live in Cortez , Colorado- near Durango. How many of you guys will be going to the RMMR this year? I went last year and had an absolute blast- we plan to go again this year.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obituaries

Why do you plan to stay N/A on the Mach? Just for something different then your GT, or do you prefer a N/A 4v over a FI 2v? ...Just curious, anyways nice job on that trade though. Seems you both made out rather well concidering how nice your GT was to begin with.
Well I followed Nazman's car build and was extremely impressed with his N/A 400rwhp+ cobra (99/01), and think it would be a different route to take. I have nothing against boost....just want to try something different this time around. One thing is for sure N/A power is about 2-3 times more expensive per horsepower to build on these cars then boost...so if your looking for the cheapest way....Nitrous or blower hands down.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 35thAnni99GT

Hey Rex,

Hey man- Honestly I dont know what to tell you about your shifter- the throw distance feels the same, but the actual shift action and feel feels much more like a Steeda triax or MRT shifter to me. Did you install the shifter yourself? if not there is an easy way to identify which brand, and or why it would feel so much different. The hood has been traded with the car, but I think Dan is considering selling it- I will inform him that you have been interested in it for a while!. Hope that helps!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

I feel like a post ***** lol....anyways I just got in from working on the mach all day. I was able to strip the wax, claybar the car, and put one coat of zaino on it, paint the calipers (red), change the differential fluid (amsoil 75W140), and do a little buffing here and there....to bad its going to rain for like the next week here[:@]
Old 04-24-2007, 01:58 AM
89Convert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Well, Machwon now has another Mach 1!

love those wheels...how long do you think before you start modding the heck out of it?
Old 04-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Well, Machwon now has another Mach 1!

that depends on how long it takes me to pay back about 5k
Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

You're stupid mach, didn't you just do a ton of stuff to your gt? I loved your car. That other dude is luckkkkkkky

Quick Reply: Well, Machwon now has another Mach 1!