4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Leaking Tranny and warrantee but minor mods. What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

Default Leaking Tranny and warrantee but minor mods. What to do?

Hey everyone, I noticed my tranny is leaking from the input shaft seal? Where the drive shaft and the tranny connect. Now i'm pretty sure there's a Round O seal that can be changed out from back there but i have warrantee on my car still until november or 36k and 75k on tranny and engine from FORD.

Here's the problem, I have added some mods since i bought the car, 315's in rear SCT Xcal II 93 Oct. Flow weld in's and MAC's O/R H The car came with some 4.10's already installed.(dealer didn't know)

Should i reflash the ECU to stock remove the rear wheels and the H Pipe? or only the ECU and Maybe remove the H pipe? I know these mods aren't suspose to mess warrantee but i don't want them to dick around.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Leaking Tranny and warrantee but minor mods. What to do?

ORIGINAL: sunguf

Hey everyone, I noticed my tranny is leaking from the input shaft seal? Where the drive shaft and the tranny connect. Now i'm pretty sure there's a Round O seal that can be changed out from back there but i have warrantee on my car still until november or 36k and 75k on tranny and engine from FORD.

Here's the problem, I have added some mods since i bought the car, 315's in rear SCT Xcal II 93 Oct. Flow weld in's and MAC's O/R H The car came with some 4.10's already installed.(dealer didn't know)

Should i reflash the ECU to stock remove the rear wheels and the H Pipe? or only the ECU and Maybe remove the H pipe? I know these mods aren't suspose to mess warrantee but i don't want them to dick around.
None of it is related to the rear tranny seal. Well 315s could be somewhat. Swap the tires/rims. That's it. To say anything else caused the leak is like getting a sprained ankle and the doctor saying it was caused by poor hygeine. The two are just not related.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:55 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

They cant void the warranty due to wheels, tires and exaust! They wont even try!
Old 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

Yeah so swap the stocks on and just flash the ECU incase of "well having the car flashed other then spec makes it work harder yaddy yaddy yaddy making the tranny work more then stock yaddy yaddy" am i right?
Old 04-23-2007, 07:58 PM
DEALBRk
1st Gear Member

Sounds like the 2 easiest things to do.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

yeah it's not the fact that i would need to do it, it's if I should/need to. I can even put the stock mid pipe back if i had to on sunday and take the car in the next day.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:19 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sunguf

Yeah so swap the stocks on and just flash the ECU incase of "well having the car flashed other then spec makes it work harder yaddy yaddy yaddy making the tranny work more then stock yaddy yaddy" am i right?
Are you saying you have had a tune done? If so I am not sure the dealer would frown on that or no... or if they would even check! But if you have a tune done, and you can put it back to a stock tune easilly, then go for it if for nothing else than piece of mind!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 PM
sunguf
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i got the tuner at home and it takes what 2 minutes if i remember no big deal. and the wheels would take what another 20 minutes tops. only thing worrying me is the 4.10 Which they shouldn't notice with the tune or open the diff. I doubt i would get and rejections on fixing the leak. thanks everyone
Old 04-24-2007, 05:16 AM
FDNYBullitt
2nd Gear Member

You can do both if you wish but I really doubt that the dealer would say anything. Its not a major fix and I can't see them flashing the car for something so visable. By the way, itsthe rear seal where the slip yoke goes into the trans, about a 20 min. job,not the front sealwhich is a WHOLE different story, good luck.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

just hope the tech doing the change doesnt notice the driveshaft turns are diff lols.. you never know.. those guys are asshats=/