4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What to pair with H pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

Default What to pair with H pipe?

Ok so im selling my buddy my X pipe and im putting the Mac offroad H back on.... So i love the tone of the H but its not nearly loud enough for me with the flows...... So what would you guys suggest for a catback? I was thinking lm1s or magnapacks? Anyone ever heard this setup? Thanks..
Old 04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What to pair with H pipe?

LM1's or LM2's ! I am telling you first hand though... o/r pipes + LM1's are LOUD, add headers and forget about it. They are unlike anything you have heard before...

However, that being said, they do sound really really nasty. THE most aggressive combo I have ever heard.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Magnapacks sounds better than the LMs IMO. Here is a clip comparing the two (LM vs. Packs). http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...da00fe27d8.htm

I think this video is from a member of this forum, WWMOST I want to say.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Adam03GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

LM1's or LM2's ! I am telling you first hand though... o/r pipes + LM1's are LOUD, add headers and forget about it. They are unlike anything you have heard before...

However, that being said, they do sound really really nasty. THE most aggressive combo I have ever heard.
I keep hearing 2 different stories about the LM1s... Even though they are extremely loud do they have a good tone to them? Some say they sound like a motorcycle and some said they sound like sex.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Adam03GT

I keep hearing 2 different stories about the LM1s... Even though they are extremely loud do they have a good tone to them? Some say they sound like a motorcycle and some said they sound like sex.
No it does not sound like a motorcycle. All straight through mufflers on a 2valve will sound about the same. They will have a similar tone. Theres not going to be any muffler thats like "Omg it sounds like a ferarri." The LM1s and the packs will sound pretty close to the same. I say go with the LM1s.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:52 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

LM1's paired with an offroad pipe, let me see how do I say this... OPEN THE F*** UP. Thing of a car ripping thru the gears getting into that 5K range, you know that clean sound? LM1's are far from "clean". They are very unorthodox, and the exhaust note goes to a whole other level.

I don't think my brother's car sounds "bad" by ANY means. It is very very aggressive, sounds like he is going 50 mph in first gear. It doesn't sound bad, but it is raspy and pitchy. He absolutely loves them (He has LT's, o/r x, and LM1's) Doesn't quite sound like a motorcycle. I have been told at the lower rpm's it sounds more like a huge boat. But at the higher rpms, it does have that choppiness that is characteristic of motorcycles.

Although I must add... he recently got in BIG trouble for the noise level. I swear to you if you open them up on the highway, anyone in a 2 mile radius will hear you.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:36 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

LM1's paired with an offroad pipe, let me see how do I say this... OPEN THE F*** UP. Thing of a car ripping thru the gears getting into that 5K range, you know that clean sound? LM1's are far from "clean". They are very unorthodox, and the exhaust note goes to a whole other level.

I don't think my brother's car sounds "bad" by ANY means. It is very very aggressive, sounds like he is going 50 mph in first gear. It doesn't sound bad, but it is raspy and pitchy. He absolutely loves them (He has LT's, o/r x, and LM1's) Doesn't quite sound like a motorcycle. I have been told at the lower rpm's it sounds more like a huge boat. But at the higher rpms, it does have that choppiness that is characteristic of motorcycles.

Although I must add... he recently got in BIG trouble for the noise level. I swear to you if you open them up on the highway, anyone in a 2 mile radius will hear you.

Thats what he wants...
Old 04-27-2007, 12:44 AM
keeno
2nd Gear Member

Dude you took the X off, put on the new H, took the H off, put on the X, then took it off and put the H back on??? Dammit man!! Did you get the leak fixed? I hope you arent still paying $100 a pop for swapping midpipes.....