4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Project is nearing end need a little last minute advice/input

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

Default Project is nearing end need a little last minute advice/input

Ok i have all the parts to finish my build up (2nd time around) finally and am getting ready to start putting my engine back together. Heres little rundown of what i have done.

Forged shortblock: 18cc pistons, h-beam rods
Ported heads w/ larger manley intake/exhaust valves and manley valve springs
Patriot cams 233/237 at .050 113lsa .545/.550
Stock Pi intake mani
Vortech v-2 with 3.00 rr ultra grip pulley
31"x14"x4" intercooler with 3" inlets and outlets
Full 3" interooler piping
Dual bypass valves
Stock exhaust manifolds w/ 2.5 highflow catted h-pipe and magnaflow side exit exhaust

I know my exhaust setup blows ***** but i cannot afford to do the longtubes and new x-pipe right now. Basically i am looking for any other small/inexpensive mods i can do while the engine is apart or upon reassembly, i have aleady deleted the EGR so other than that anything anyone knows that could help i would appreciate it.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:25 PM
xander0561
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Project is nearing end need a little last minute advice/input

You could put a set of under drive pulleys on , their pretty cheap. Or new coil packs "msd" and a 6AL controller to go with them. Or even justa nice set of plug wiresand plugs. Maybe you want something more like "a lighter flywheel" ?? I don't know if that would give you more hp.If you haven'y changed your fuel filter I would def. do that,its so simple , and so over looked.[]Hope that helps
Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: xander0561

You could put a set of under drive pulleys on , their pretty cheap. Or new coil packs "msd" and a 6AL controller to go with them. Or even justa nice set of plug wiresand plugs. Maybe you want something more like "a lighter flywheel" ?? I don't know if that would give you more hp.If you haven'y changed your fuel filter I would def. do that,its so simple , and so over looked.[]Hope that helps
You don't run UDP's on a blower motor and he doesn't have spark plug wires...Go fish...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM
Nitti00GT
4th Gear Member

Don't do under drive pulleys since you have a blower. All I can say is save up for longtubes and a larger MAF. Also why did you delete the EGR? It is gonna run like crap when the motor is cold and prolly not give you much if any power.

nm I just read your sig and you have a larger MAF already. I'd say get some gears also.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:31 PM
xander0561
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

You don't run UDP's on a blower motor and he doesn't have spark plug wires...Go fish...
ouch dude, take it easy I was just tryin to help.[:'(]
Old 04-29-2007, 10:32 PM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Windage tray and High volume oil pump?

Old 04-29-2007, 10:41 PM
NORMAN99
2nd Gear Member

About the flywheel,
From previous posting on this forum, i was told the steel flywheel provides better torque and a better HP gain over the aluminium.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

have 95mm maf already, already have aluminum flywheel these are all good ideas but most have already been done keep them coming guys all this is stuff i couldve overlooked i bet theres something i didnt do that needs to be done.

as for the windage tray whats the purpose of that ive heard of it but do not know what it does

And i deleted the EGR becuase i snapped the EGR tube by accident they do not bend very well at all
Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: 99roushgt

have 95mm maf already, already have aluminum flywheel these are all good ideas but most have already been done keep them coming guys all this is stuff i couldve overlooked i bet theres something i didnt do that needs to be done.

as for the windage tray whats the purpose of that ive heard of it but do not know what it does

And i deleted the EGR becuase i snapped the EGR tube by accident they do not bend very well at all
A windage tray keeps the crank from splashing through the oil in the pan.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:27 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

so whats wrong with splashing through the oil??? obviously theyre good to have or else they wouldnt sell them and also does my car have a smog pump??? i saw a smog pump delete deal dont know if i have one or not and if i do would i benefit from deleting it??? oh yea its a 99

Quick Reply: Project is nearing end need a little last minute advice/input