4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

AutoX Racing pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 05:11 PM
xcodegt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Drag Racing is for pussies

Holy body-roll Batman!
Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Jennings Racing
2nd Gear Member

Thats from 2nd gear maybe 65-70mph down to 1st 10-20mph,Full brake and turning 180 all at the same time.Its not as much body roll as I thought I would have. The best part its so fastyou don't have time to think. I walked the track 4 or 5 times before the race and I thought no problem,but once you start you forget everything you told yourself.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

someone gave their bushings a workout.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:59 PM
contentsunderpressur
5th Gear Member

I guess I see your point about the strip. If you don't have enough power to set yourself back in the seat then what fun is it right? Maybe you should just stick to the road coarse racing. I mean, all you need is suspension and speed. The \mustang runs fast enough from the factory and suspension is a lot cheaper than suspension and hp.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:02 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt_97cobra

QUOTE:
ORIGINAL: Jennings Racing
My blind grandmother can drive in a straight line faster then you.LOL

[hr]

It takes alot to drag race. I would say that drag racing is the hardest to accomplish. You start from a dead stop, then you have to get all of your power down to the ground, which takes time to learnand do correctly. I can get my cobra driving down the road and let my 7 month little boy drive around corners, but i cant get him to take off from a dead stop jamming them gears like your blind grandmaw can.
Not to hijack the thread, but "svt_97Cobra", did you just get your car or are you trying to sell it? The reason I ask is because your "so called" car in your sig is for sale on autotrader, and I was just wondering if:

A. You are selling it
B. You just bought it
C. Your acting like its yours to try and be cool
Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

he maybe just bought it........ But wtf is up with the OP that keeps bashing autos.....I dont appreciate that.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I find almost every post in this thread bashing autocrossing or drag racing... retarded...

Look this is a Mustang site, we all drive mustangs, we all use them for different purposes.. so stfu about em. I find autocrossing much more exhilerating than drag racing and others will think differently. The thread title needs to be changed as it is just used to stir up crap....

I highly doubt anyone that does both will agree that either one of the different types of racing is more user friendly.. the first time out to either track, your gonna make a complete *** out of yourself, whether launching or entering corners at too high of a speed. It costs just as much to make a car drag or autox competition ready. You can take any stock car and take it to an open track or a strip and race...

And the whole girls auto drag racing is something that I take highly offensive... not everyone lives in a flat area, and not everyone has that exposure to manuals. I also find manuals a bit of a chore and less practical for a day to day driver, the whole argument whether one is better than the other is also very retarded... We are mustang enthusiasts.. not a bunch of rice owners arguing how much extra hp a stickshift will give us... the car you are driving is a mirror of what your driving it for. Please change the name of the thread...
/rant
Old 04-30-2007, 07:22 PM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fiad06

he maybe just bought it........ But wtf is up with the OP that keeps bashing autos.....I dont appreciate that.
Me too, but if the 5spd guys are bashing autos, I can just pull out my 05, but if the auto guys are bashing the 5spds for some reason, I can pull out my 01, so its basically a win/win situation for me, LOL.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Jennings Racing
2nd Gear Member

I can change the title for all you crybabys,the first title I had the mods made me change it.So what do you what me to change it to (look at my pretty little red car)how many of you would look.I did it just to get your attention so pull your G string out of your crack .LOL
I was just showing off some pics. of my car racing you can like them or not I don't care.
Do you want me to go and wash my car and take pics. of it sitting in my driveway like most of you web racers.LOL
Don't get me wrong I love to drag race its just not as much fun for me as autoX racing.
If I had a 6second car ya it would be fun but high 13's low14's is not fast enough for me,in autoX you fill like your going 200mph when your only going maybe 65-70mph
Old 04-30-2007, 09:02 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

this jennings guy is gay... =\

Quick Reply: AutoX Racing pics.