4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

drag springs - need info please

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: drag springs - need info please

ORIGINAL: PaintballFreak

That is a plenty good drop for me. Like I said, I'm most interested in the weight transfer not so much the appearance. No offense to your ebay link ZW but I'm a little hesitant to buy used suspension parts. Esp ones that look like that lol. I'd rather get em new if I can.

Let's hear from guys running 5.0 rears on their 94+ and other rear suggestions. This is helping me a ton guys keep it coming!
I'm hesistant to buy some things used, but a Spring? Its almost indestructable.

I guess you are right tho. If you can get a pair new for $60, its worth it.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

We need 2000GT4.6 on here lol. I know he has info to add
Old 04-30-2007, 09:35 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

He's running a Steeda(?) rear spring, but I dont think hes been to the track yet.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

I actually think it was Roush but maybe you're correct. I just want to hear his opinion lol.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:40 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

Well I really don't want to mess with cutting any springs. Do you have any pics of it without being cut? What do you use for the fronts?
Those are the fronts I posted, I use Fox V8 spring in the rear also cut. It;'s going ot be hard to get a nice drop and not cut the springs a little. Here's my whole set-up , it's good enough for 1.55 60's on the bottle and 1.66 all motor.

Suspension:
Fox-body 4cyl springs(NAPA #270-3060) up front w/ Lakewood 90/10 struts
Fox-body V8 rear springs (cut) w/ Monroe Sensi-trac shocks
Airbag in RR spring
No front swaybar
UPR sub-frame connectors
Steeda 4600 Lower Control Arms
D&D adjustable uppers
Torque boxes welded
No quad shocks
Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I actually think it was Roush but maybe you're correct. I just want to hear his opinion lol.
Thats it. I couldnt remember exactly. He sent me the link. I'll see if I can find it.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:06 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JayC

Well I really don't want to mess with cutting any springs. Do you have any pics of it without being cut? What do you use for the fronts?
Those are the fronts I posted, I use Fox V8 spring in the rear also cut. It;'s going ot be hard to get a nice drop and not cut the springs a little. Here's my whole set-up , it's good enough for 1.55 60's on the bottle and 1.66 all motor.

Suspension:
Fox-body 4cyl springs(NAPA #270-3060) up front w/ Lakewood 90/10 struts
Fox-body V8 rear springs (cut) w/ Monroe Sensi-trac shocks
Airbag in RR spring
No front swaybar
UPR sub-frame connectors
Steeda 4600 Lower Control Arms
D&D adjustable uppers
Torque boxes welded
No quad shocks
Well from what I can tell you have a pretty good drop on top of having a good drag suspension setup. I'd be happy with a drop similar to the ford C springs if I could get it. Do you think I could get about an inch without cutting? Also, you don't have CC plates do you? It's hard for me to tell how much of a drop you have with the prostars and big DRs lol since I don't see too many cars with them to compare it to. If I MUST cut the springs where/how do I do it?

As far as LCAs go I was probably going to go with the MMs and hold off on the uppers. Sound okay?

Code, get in here and share your setup please
Old 04-30-2007, 11:26 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

My old set up was Fox 4cyl front springs and Ford C springs in the rear. I went with the C springs because I had access to a free set. If I had it to over again, I would run stock GT springs in the rear with the 4 cyl springs up front.

The set up I am running now is coil overs on the front with 175lb front springs and Ford C springs in the rear. Get some full length sub-frame connectors, double adj upper control arms (to adjust pinion angle) and either adj or non-adj lower control arms.

As far as buying 4cyl front springs, I got mine from Advance Auto Parts. I sold my old 4cyl fronts to 2000GT4.6 for $40.00.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:46 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Thanks code. Do you know anything about rear drag springs (like roush and steeda)?
Old 04-30-2007, 11:51 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Thanks code. Do you know anything about rear drag springs (like roush and steeda)?
"I" really wouldn't get a drag set up from Roush or Steeda...they are more road racing type companies. Again, this is just MY thought. You could do the Eibach set up with a bag. The set up me and JayC are talking about will work VERY WELL and will keep costs down.

You can pick up a set of used GT rear springs VERY CHEAP because so many people do lowering springs and have their stockers lying around collecting dust.

Quick Reply: drag springs - need info please