4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Should I buy this Terminator.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 12:53 AM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Default RE: Should I buy this Terminator.....

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

a car that's actually 5 model years old... only depreciating 10-12k depending on it, with 40k miles isn't really to bad... especially since, they are likely to hover around that 22-28k mark for the next few years...

For example... my moms bf got 6k for his 96' Cobra that stalled every 5 ft, that had no working odometer or speedo...

I would just watch the cooling mod aspect of it.. these cars generate a TON OF heat... The Terminators kryptonite is to much heat... If you're going to buy a pullied Terminator, I would find one that has the head cooling mod, and atleast a heat exchanger w/a sct or diablo programmer... if not your just ASKING for trouble.
Agreed!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:09 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

The year's still young (4 model years)
a 40k mile cobra is prolly actually worth (real world) 20k. Good luck selling one for listing price. My buddy's 04 cobra has been on the market (27k)for a year and a half because he wont budge...
I've seen em local for 23k with 18to20k miles on the clock. Is it worth it?
opinions come in all shapes and sizes, so my opinion is no. I feel like the guy would be happier building a car than having to buy a KB (on top of the 23k) to replace that pos eaton. 40k miles is on the front end of the whole lot of mile range. Like I said each his own....
ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

a car that's actually 5 model years old... only depreciating 10-12k depending on it, with 40k miles isn't really to bad... especially since, they are likely to hover around that 22-28k mark for the next few years...

For example... my moms bf got 6k for his 96' Cobra that stalled every 5 ft, that had no working odometer or speedo...

I would just watch the cooling mod aspect of it.. these cars generate a TON OF heat... The Terminators kryptonite is to much heat... If you're going to buy a pullied Terminator, I would find one that has the head cooling mod, and atleast a heat exchanger w/a sct or diablo programmer... if not your just ASKING for trouble.
Agreed!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:08 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The Cobras came out EARLY in the model year for 2003... what are you talking about?

Cobras are not going for 20's.. they're still going very strong at 24-28k depending on year, condition, etc.... during the cold months they don't sell, but over summer, already i know a few people online that have fetched high 20's for 03 Cobras with decent milage.

Maybe in Memphis they're going for dirt cheap... but not in most places.. there are still 04' Mach 1's that are getting high teens low 20's...
Old 05-03-2007, 02:12 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Blueherd... the one thing I do agree with you, is that the eaton sucks, and you can build a 400rwhp car cheaper.. but if you want more then 450rwhp, you will get your butt kicked building it up. We've already talked about this numerous times on here. People like Victor and Codehave put the money in and are damn satisified with what they got from it, and wanted to keep it a GT... but they paid out the *** for it... if you want more then 450rwhp, and unless your hell bent on keeping a GT, then your just stupid for not spending the $$ on the Cobra. I bet you my POS ported eaton will rape your car with a KB on there... because if it puts out the power to beat mine with your stock motor/tranny combo... you won't be going very far with it.

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

a 40k mile cobra is prolly actually worth (real world) 20k. Good luck selling one for listing price. My buddy's 04 cobra has been on the market (27k)for a year and a half because he wont budge...
opinions come in all shapes and sizes, so my opinion is no. I feel like the guy would be happier building a car than having to buy a KB (on top of the 23k) to replace that pos eaton. 40k miles is on the front end of the whole lot of mile range. Like I said each his own....

Agreed!
Old 05-03-2007, 07:01 PM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I wrestled with the idea manya' nights before I bought the 07..My 02 was a full-bolt on car with full suspension mods and braided brake lines and such but the hp's weren't there and the though of building a 2v motor made me sick to my stomach..Believe me I wanted a terminator but the risk/reward wasn't in my favor. I looked for 2 years for a cobra but all I found were road racers or drag cars done wrong. The promiseing 3v made it a more viable option for me
(plus the nearly stock 05 gt that ran 11's with just a saleen s/c)
was to go with the ugly *** s197, but she is growing on me because of the seen results in mods....
Old 05-03-2007, 10:43 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

Librty gears is right up the street from me and they make the best inpute splines. All those driveline mods seem to be just safety mods. but i dont like the fact it doesnt have any cooling mods
Old 05-03-2007, 11:16 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

Blueherd... the one thing I do agree with you, is that the eaton sucks, and you can build a 400rwhp car cheaper.. but if you want more then 450rwhp, you will get your butt kicked building it up. We've already talked about this numerous times on here. People like Victor and Codehave put the money in and are damn satisified with what they got from it, and wanted to keep it a GT... but they paid out the *** for it... if you want more then 450rwhp, and unless your hell bent on keeping a GT, then your just stupid for not spending the $$ on the Cobra. I bet you my POS ported eaton will rape your car with a KB on there... because if it puts out the power to beat mine with your stock motor/tranny combo... you won't be going very far with it.

ORIGINAL: blueherd02gt

Agreed!
terminators were on the streets in 02