4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 AM
NeedStangSpeed
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bullitt

There is different pullies and exhaust, TRUST ME, I compared against gt's already when I swapped it all out. My pullies were performance ratio and I compared them up to a stock gt's pullies. The only difference on the exhaust was the mufflers to get a certain sound.As far as horse power ratings, why would MMR offer a factory mustang gt engine at 265hp and a factory bullit engine at 285hp? I'm not saying it does or doesn't but just saying what I've seen on the numbers.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 AM
GoTigersJoe
1st Gear Member

the exhaust is not the same.

stock GT exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEB1xJFZGLw

stock bullitt exhaust: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOVMYTJT0jA
Old 05-07-2007, 01:09 AM
weasel1088
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeedStangSpeed

There is different pullies and exhaust, TRUST ME, I compared against gt's already when I swapped it all out. My pullies were performance ratio and I compared them up to a stock gt's pullies. The only difference on the exhaust was the mufflers to get a certain sound.As far as horse power ratings, why would MMR offer a factory mustang gt engine at 265hp and a factory bullit engine at 285hp? I'm not saying it does or doesn't but just saying what I've seen on the numbers.
thats kinda what i thought but couldn't really confirm it. Thanks!

Brett
Old 05-07-2007, 01:18 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NeedStangSpeed

Then you must've been comparing Windsor and Romeo engines.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Found this :

What is a Bullitt Mustang?
The Bullitt is a limited production Mustang made by Ford in 2001 to comemorate the Mustang Steve McQueen drove in the classic movie Bullitt. Only 5,582 were made and have styling and performance ques to the classic Mustang from the movie.
What's different about the Bullitt over a standard GT?

Exterior:
Different C Pillers (these are also found on the 03/04 Mach 1s)
No Foglights (but wired for them)
No Spoiler
Bullitt Side Scoops
Bullitt Rocker Panels
Bullitt Fuel Door
Blacked out Corral around the pony on the Grill
Bullitt Wheels
Bullitt Brakes with 13" Brembo rotors
Bullitt Rear Badge
Rolled Exhaust Tips Interior:
Bullitt Seats (Retro Styled)
Bullitt Gauge Cluster (The 03/04 Mach 1s use the same cluster, but with a higher redline)
Bullitt Pedals
Bullitt Shift ****
Bullitt Shifter Bezel
Bullitt Kick Plates Performance:
Bullitt Handling kit: Shocks, Struts, Springs, Swaybars, and boltin Subframe Connectors
Bullitt Brakes (as mentioned above)
Bullitt Intake Manifold
Twin Blade Throttle Body
Free Flowing Catback Exhaust
Optimized Pully Sizes All Bullitts had the Tremec T-3650 (only later GTs made in 01 had the T-3650 the rest had the T-45).
Bullitts were only offered in Dark Highland Green, Black, and True Blue
Other then color the only option on Bullitts was the Mach 460 Stereo
Only 5,582 were made (holograms with the # is found onthe driver's side shock tower and under the back seat) [/align]
Old 05-07-2007, 04:14 AM
FDNYBullitt
2nd Gear Member

As stated above they do have different pulleys and exhaust along with a hotter program in the PCM to compensate for the larger volume intake, more air + more fuel =HP. I baselined mine, bone stockon 2 different dynos, same weather and both were right around 280 HP. For that price it seems like a good deal, I say seems becausenone of us here know the true condition of the car. Also,thats why I said check the Kelly BB etc because they are still holding on pretty good with the value, good luck.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:28 AM
weasel1088
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FDNYBullitt

As stated above they do have different pulleys and exhaust along with a hotter program in the PCM to compensate for the larger volume intake, more air + more fuel =HP. I baselined mine, bone stockon 2 different dynos, same weather and both were right around 280 HP. For that price it seems like a good deal, I say seems becausenone of us here know the true condition of the car. Also,thats why I said check the Kelly BB etc because they are still holding on pretty good with the value, good luck.
what HP were you putting to the wheels then? 240ish?
Old 05-07-2007, 05:17 AM
stevs03GT
1st Gear Member

I would probably jump on that!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:05 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POISND U

ORIGINAL: weasel1088

ORIGINAL: dye

Yea its a Bullitt but its still a GT with 5 more HP. I really would never pay much more than a GT for one. But it does come with different suppension or no?

ive actually read a few things saying that it was underrated and puts out closer to 270 or 280 HP

its lower, has tokiko shocks, stiffer coils, and bigger sway bars, different intake, different exhaust, bigger brakes and i think pulleys

i find it hard to believe that the intake and exhaust and pulleys only gain 5 hp...
No pulliesor different exhaustand they weren't underrated. They're signifigantly quicker because the intake makes for a much wider and flatter torque curve and it doesn't run out of steam as quick or as drastically as a regular GT.

Out here in LA that car would sell in 15 minutes at that price. A dealer would list it at 15 or 16k and get at least 14 for it. I say take it and run your *** off.
The bullits are not "significantly quicker" than a stock GT. The bullit intake does jack unless its in a FI car.. its been proven time and time again with before/after dynos.

At no point in the curve does it make much more than 5-10 more horsepower than a stock GT does... the intake just isn't any better for a n/a 2v.

I dunno how long its gonna take for you guys to accept that the intake manifold on our cars is the last thing you need to change. The heads/cams on a PI car are much more restricitve than the intake, and without replacing them your just not going to see good gains with any intake, espcially in the stock 2v shortblock's RPM range.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 AM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6
The bullits are not "significantly quicker" than a stock GT. The bullit intake does jack unless its in a FI car.. its been proven time and time again with before/after dynos.

At no point in the curve does it make much more than 5-10 more horsepower than a stock GT does... the intake just isn't any better for a n/a 2v.

I dunno how long its gonna take for you guys to accept that the intake manifold on our cars is the last thing you need to change. The heads/cams on a PI car are much more restricitve than the intake, and without replacing them your just not going to see good gains with any intake, espcially in the stock 2v shortblock's RPM range.
Agreed 100%.

I might very well pay close to $10K for that car though...as long as it in in mint condition.

Quick Reply: Bullitt