4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo Predator Tuner Worth It??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 12:12 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

Default Diablo Predator Tuner Worth It??

Would the tuner be worth buying for my mustang? I have a 2002 Gt with a 75 shot of zex nitrous, going to the 100 shot. Exhaust, intake, cobra clutch and short throw shifter. I didnt do anything to my timing and I have bosch plugs. I drag my car. Thank for thehelp guys.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
domesticlover
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Predator Tuner Worth It??

ummm of course, then get some gears and itll help you there to. are u running a wet shot? im thinking about doing that and probably staying with the 75 shot strictly because of the manifold issue.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

If you are getting up to a 100shot YES A TUNER IS NEEDED... Personally, i'd get a SCT Xcal2, and have it professionaly tuned - Most tuners like SCT more as there are more options for them, it's just as user friendly... but I would call your local tuner before you make any decisions to see what they prefer to work with.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

So you guys dont think i could just tune it to the 100 wet show myself with the tuner? I should buy a tuner and have a shop tune it? Does diablo and sct have tunes on there web sites?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:19 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Get an x-cal and get it professionaly tuned unless the shops around you use the diablo. Sct is really good!
Old 05-06-2007, 02:24 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

Why is the x cal better then the diablo? Just because its what most shops use? Can't i just tune it myself with the x cal or the diablo? Can I use my lap top with the x cal?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:25 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

DO NOT TUNE YOUR CAR FOR NITROUS YOURSELF UNLESS YOU ARE VERY EXPERIANCED!!

I can't stress that enough... Spending a few hundred now, will save you from thousands later. I would HIGHLY suggest taking it to a professional. One with a good reputation for your year Mustang. There are tuners that can't tune a GT for crap, but are the best Cobra tuners in the area, and things like that.

ORIGINAL: FirstStangGT02

So you guys dont think i could just tune it to the 100 wet show myself with the tuner? I should buy a tuner and have a shop tune it? Does diablo and sct have tunes on there web sites?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:27 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

SCT just has more options that's all, but some shops love the Diablo. You can tune it yourself, but 1 mistake and you will have a blown motor. I implore you then unless you have tuned cars with nitrous before, do not do it. Unless you can write a check and just replace your motor...

ORIGINAL: FirstStangGT02

Why is the x cal better then the diablo? Just because its what most shops use? Can't i just tune it myself with the x cal or the diablo? Can I use my lap top with the x cal?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:30 PM
FirstStangGT02
2nd Gear Member

Alright thanks ill have to check out a couple of local shops. So i would have to spend the money for the tuner, and then spend even more money at a shop to throw it on a dyno and get them to use my tuner to pro. tune it?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:17 PM
skaarew
1st Gear Member

just installed mine last night. running the canned tune and im very happy with it! big big difference from stock, and its 80 plus degrees here today. i iamgine when it cools off it wil be even better!

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator Tuner Worth It??