4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:41 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!

So today I took just a normal drive over to Mickey Dees to get me some 10 pieces of chicken nuggets to enjoy my show "Heros." I was waiting in to the Drive though line when Inoticed the tail lights of a Toyota Supra! I immediately paied for my nuggets and rolled outta the drive through running over a curb scratching my rims (FU!#!!!!) I stalked him all the way to the nearest stop light and made my way next to him. His windows where rolled up and I couldn't see inside. But mines where down and from his vatange point, he could clearly see my roll cage and hear the THUMP THUMP THUMP of my cams. I guess he felt intemmidated and reved his fart can and let me know from the distinguishing PSHT! that there was a big turbo laying underneath his hood. The whistle from my blower was steady and I know he listend closely because his windows cracked and he turned down his radio. I still couldn't see the driver but MAN did I want to bury his pride. We waited for the light to turn green and we both creeped foward, seeing if one or the other would take the first jump.......

Then.....

It happened......

I heard his throttle open up and his wheels spun making nothing but a whole bunch of noise and going no where. I was still in first gear and punched my throttle and felt my rear end sway from side to side. Both of us in a battle to gain control of our monsters.... 1st gear spin,at the end of 2ndgear my tires finally met solid ground and I watched him fade to my side view mirror. My boost gauge quickly reads 3psi, 4 psi, 5psi, 6psi, 7psi, 8psi 9psi..... 10psi.......... #(*$!!!!!! I over revved! I quickly shifted to third trying to recover my imbalence when I looked and saw his Supra quickly gain on my left side. The PST! of his turbo sounded like a beast compared to my blow off valve...... I'm almost outta 3rdwhen I hear his car REV like mad. HE MISSED A GEAR!!!! He falls back quickly and I shift to 4th only to realize I was in neutral...... DAMNIT!!!! He gains on me yet again and I try and regain my control in a lost cause as my tires spun outta control.....

We both slow down to a red light and pulled into a Diamond Shamrock gas station. The driver steps out and for some reason I was suspecting a HOT CHICK to walk on out, like you see in the movies? But nah to my dissapointment, this skinny dorky looking dude steps out and complements my car. I shared the same with his. He said he didn't suspect much from a GT but when he hear the cams and the blower's whistle, he admitted he had doubts! He wants a rematch under controled conditions. Temple Academy Raceway! I told him as soon as my restraining harnesses are in and my shift light gets installed.

We exange numbers and get to going.... My first close incounter with the imports own beast! This little V6 is no puppy to play with. His car was quick and menicing but I can tell he rarely raced on the street.

Until the next time....
Old 05-08-2007, 12:44 AM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

Default RE: The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!

get that one on video for sure!! i always love running into people like that, i hate the 80 year old dudes in zo6s that wont even give you the time of day when you try and play around haha
Old 05-08-2007, 12:48 AM
Sonic_BlueProCharge

[align=left]There is one around here i was n my lil nothing done but a body kit cavalier my good on gas to post and back car and one came up and tried to race me at a red light and i was laughing ... told her<< to meet me at the track friday..!! then she gets to meet the GT
[/align]
Old 05-08-2007, 12:53 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Another thing I realized is that my 477rwhp is on pump gas! I still have a race tune setting on my tuner for some 107 octane!!!! I'm ordering me a few bottles of Torco and I'm gonna push the 8psi to its limits! GAWD I wish I had some spray! I NEED SOME NAAAWS!!!!!

I just gotta watch out for them Asians on dirt bikes that might creep up on me and shoot the hell outta my car with silenced mac 10s and blowing the Bumboclaat into a hue of green and blue flames[:@]
Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 AM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

such are the risks we take when we live a quarter mile at a time....

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

I just gotta watch out for them Asians on dirt bikes that might creep up on me and shoot the hell outta my car with silenced mac 10s and blowing the Bumboclaat into a hue of green and blue flames[:@]
Old 05-08-2007, 12:57 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

3 miss shifts in the same race? good lord, sounds like an automatic cavalier could have stomped you guys. lol j/k

Get those shift points down, and that'll be better.

A Supra is an inline 6, not a V6, and frankly, if he has took the time to single turbo that car, chances are he's making quite a bit more power than you. But yea, its probably a dyno queen, or a highway roller, and you'll most likely beat him at the track.

On the higway(which doesnt count), 475rwhp isn't gonna be enough to take out the average single turbo supra.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:58 AM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Good race, but they are inline 6s not V6
Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

3 miss shifts in the same race? good lord, sounds like an automatic cavalier could have stomped you guys. lol j/k

Get those shift points down, and that'll be better.

A Supra is an inline 6, not a V6, and frankly, if he has took the time to single turbo that car, chances are he's making quite a bit more power than you. But yea, its probably a dyno queen, or a highway roller, and you'll most likely beat him at the track.

On the higway(which doesnt count), 475rwhp isn't gonna be enough to take out the average single turbo supra.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4.698GT

Good race, but they are inline 6s not V6
Whats the difference?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

A straight six, or inline 6 is just what it sounds like. 6 cylinders in a row. A V6 has 3 on one side, and 3 on the other, like a V8, but just with 6. lol

And yes, Supra's are not to be F'ed with. But if you are in "drag spec" at the track, you would be able to stomp him pretty good.

Quick Reply: The BUMBOCLAAT CHALLENGED!!!!