4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

gaymasters

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
97snakebite
1st Gear Member

Default RE: gaymasters

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

ORIGINAL: 97snakebite

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

ORIGINAL: Aereon

I've heard of someone taking about a 3" trill bit and extensions and putting a hole straight through the mufflers... so a hole through all the chambers from inlet directly to outlet. I have not heard the clip of it tho.. so I dont know.. I am biased against flows tho
i hate them too but 60 bucks to get my car to stop sounding the way it doesnt isnt that bad....bbk o/r x plus stock mufflers [:'(]
[/align][/align]Hey man, that's exactly what I have done. BBK o/r x pipe and stock mufflers; it honestly doesn't sound that bad on my Cobra. I myself am trying to decide what mufflers to get as well .. kind of leaning towards Magnaflow right now.[/align]
i dont like my bbk o/r x because it hangs too low and i keep hitting it on sh|t which makes leaks...constantly [:@] or maybe keeps making the same leak worse, idk lol
im at stock height too [&:]
[/align][/align]Oh wow, you've got that problem as well? At least I know I'm not alone lol ... We couldn't even get it up on the hangers it hung so low. I wonder if aftermarket exhaust will rectify the problem at all? I don't know really. [/align][/align]I just try my best to go really slowly on bumps at an angle and 90% of the time it doesn't scrape, but I was on the interstate once doing 80, went over a bridge and there happened to be a bump in the road at the end of it and the whole car bottomed out .. the guy behind me said there were sparks coming from my x-pipe, lol [&:][/align]
Old 05-08-2007, 06:38 PM
IROLLSALEEN
2nd Gear Member

well are you rally racing or do you live in hazard county?If you could spend the $$$$ the bassani is modular.4 pieces with clamps, so once its installed, with the clamps a little loose you have your buddy lift up on the assy. and then tighten. It worked wonders and im 2" dropped.The bassani is more $$for a reason!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IROLLSALEEN

well are you rally racing or do you live in hazard county?If you could spend the $$$$ the bassani is modular.4 pieces with clamps, so once its installed, with the clamps a little loose you have your buddy lift up on the assy. and then tighten. It worked wonders and im 2" dropped.The bassani is more $$for a reason!!!!
Should be able to be done on any. I did that on my prochamber and catback as I stated in previous post...
Old 05-08-2007, 06:44 PM
IROLLSALEEN
2nd Gear Member

you must remember , we r talkin about GTbill
Old 05-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IROLLSALEEN

you must remember , we r talkin about GTbill
Oh yeah.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:00 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

all aftermarket mid pipes hang low i believe. +1 on the bassani
Old 05-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2002GTAUTOVERT

I still think it is how it is installed. I am no expert, but have done installs on friends and mine a couple of times. They hang at where you tighten it up at. If you hold it snug to the car and tighten, they will stay fairly close to the car. No problems. But as I have said, I am no expert, I haven't seen all aftermarket pipes thus I can't say ALL can be installed snug, but I have had good luck with all I have used...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:40 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Octane

ORIGINAL: 2002GTAUTOVERT

I still think it is how it is installed. I am no expert, but have done installs on friends and mine a couple of times. They hang at where you tighten it up at. If you hold it snug to the car and tighten, they will stay fairly close to the car. No problems. But as I have said, I am no expert, I haven't seen all aftermarket pipes thus I can't say ALL can be installed snug, but I have had good luck with all I have used...
when i had my O/R midpipe.. i bolted it and saw how low it hung, so i man handled it for about 20 minutes and got an inch maybe 1.5-2 inches higher.. they will hang low, but unless ur going over a nasty speed bump or pothole it shouldnt bottom out often
Old 05-08-2007, 07:48 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

get some Forces for $36 a piece already dammit. same price as those crappy Flows and you will have a unique sound.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:54 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

loosen everything on your midpipe, and take a floor jack and push that ****er up as far as it will go, and leave the jack under the midpipe when you tighten everything.

also, flowmasters suck. [8D]