4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

gaymasters

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:46 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

Default gaymasters

my friend wants to sell me his super 40s for 60 bucks
i dont really like o/r x plus flowmasters because everyone EVERYONE has it...but the guy at the exhaust shop said i can hollow them out a little bit..how would i be able to get in there and hollow them out? a Fing drill? i dont get it...i know if i hollow them out a little bit they will sound different...and unique which is what i want

btw i sold those slp LM1s for 110 dollars already, bought them for only 80
Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Default RE: gaymasters

I've heard of someone taking about a 3" trill bit and extensions and putting a hole straight through the mufflers... so a hole through all the chambers from inlet directly to outlet. I have not heard the clip of it tho.. so I dont know.. I am biased against flows tho
Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Hollow out flowmasters? Thats sounds worse than hollowing out cats. If you want to sound different get a pair of spintechs.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:08 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

So do you hollow out the flows to get more drone or to just change the rpm where the drone hangs out?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aereon

I've heard of someone taking about a 3" trill bit and extensions and putting a hole straight through the mufflers... so a hole through all the chambers from inlet directly to outlet. I have not heard the clip of it tho.. so I dont know.. I am biased against flows tho
i hate them too but 60 bucks to get my car to stop sounding the way it doesnt isnt that bad....bbk o/r x plus stock mufflers [:'(]
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM
2002GTAUTOVERT
5th Gear Member

get an offroad h flowmaster are complimented by an h pipe not x
Old 05-08-2007, 06:19 PM
97snakebite
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SVTBill

i hate them too but 60 bucks to get my car to stop sounding the way it doesnt isnt that bad....bbk o/r x plus stock mufflers [:'(]
[/align][/align]Hey man, that's exactly what I have done. BBK o/r x pipe and stock mufflers; it honestly doesn't sound that bad on my Cobra. I myself am trying to decide what mufflers to get as well .. kind of leaning towards Magnaflow right now.[/align]
Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97snakebite

[/align][/align]Hey man, that's exactly what I have done. BBK o/r x pipe and stock mufflers; it honestly doesn't sound that bad on my Cobra. I myself am trying to decide what mufflers to get as well .. kind of leaning towards Magnaflow right now.[/align]
i dont like my bbk o/r x because it hangs too low and i keep hitting it on sh|t which makes leaks...constantly [:@] or maybe keeps making the same leak worse, idk lol
im at stock height too [&:]
Old 05-08-2007, 06:35 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mark99GT

Hollow out flowmasters? Thats sounds worse than hollowing out cats. If you want to sound different get a pair of spintechs.
Yes, thats what I have.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Octane
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97snakebite

i dont like my bbk o/r x because it hangs too low and i keep hitting it on sh|t which makes leaks...constantly [:@] or maybe keeps making the same leak worse, idk lol
im at stock height too [&:]
I would loosen your exhaust bolts, put another jack under the exhaust and raise it until snug, then retighten. No reason is should be that low. My exhaust is oh so very snug, in fact, lowest thing is the stock subframe connectors.

Edit: forgot how to spell... uhh...