4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Just ordered exhaust!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just ordered exhaust!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Mustanggt9589

I had flowmasters on my 95 Mustang. I was just upset by how common they are on Mustangs and I was a little dissapointed they wern't louder. I know they sound different on every car don't get me wrong I've heard flowmasters on mustangs that have sounded great...just my personal experience with them was not a good one. so now offense to those of you that have them just thought i would try something different.... and as far as magnaflows go i did look into them but not as hard as i did into slp But wow 325 thats an awesome price.
Did you have your stock mid-pipe in? if you did, thats why. If you just put the flowmaster catback on or just use weld-ins, it won't be "that" much louder.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

and that wasn't my Cobra, that was my 2003 GT with the Magnapacks & Bassani o/r X

I have not had the pleasure to make a vid of my Cobra yet.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

Ya i did have the stock midpipe... dontget me wrong it was a hell of an improvment from it not even making noise stock. I didnt want to go to crazy seeing how i wanted a newer stang.If i didmaybe i wouldn't of been so dissapointed.I considered flows for my new one but liked the way slp sounded better. Atlhough i guess there must be a reason why flows are so popular.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:18 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the advice guys, I don't even drive in the rain, and informed hubby yesterday that I WON'T
be driving in the snow. We live in Michigan. He thinks I treat my car like a baby... So F'n what... He says " It's only a car !" I grew up with my dad always driving bad *** cars. He didn't. I just got my plate yesterday, it's SHO PONY. I was suprised he liked that. I bought him the ram he's driving. I'll just drive that in crappy weather. lol What should I put on it next ?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

Thanks for the advice guys, I don't even drive in the rain, and informed hubby yesterday that I WON'T
be driving in the snow. We live in Michigan. He thinks I treat my car like a baby... So F'n what... He says " It's only a car !" I grew up with my dad always driving bad *** cars. He didn't. I just got my plate yesterday, it's SHO PONY. I was suprised he liked that. I bought him the ram he's driving. I'll just drive that in crappy weather. lol What should I put on it next ?
Yeah I hear ya. Some people just don't have the same attachment and liking for automobiles as people like us. Is your car a manual? If so I would highly recommend a short throw shifter. Makes driving SO much more enjoyable.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

I dont blame you for not driving that in the snow. Nice plate i wanted one that would be like mustang related but o well my license plate number is custom. As far as what you should do next it depends on what your going for in the car. If you want one bad *** fast car then i would say go gears if you want show then thats a different story.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: theresa

I don't know to much about V6 Stangs, but if you want to know what they will sound like with flowmasters, go to www.youtube.com or http://videos.streetfire.net/ and search for v6 Mustang Flowmasters or something.

And you should be fine for years if you dont get a stainless system.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:23 PM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

Theres also a sight called streetfire.net you can get good videos of mustangs with flows on them
Old 05-10-2007, 01:48 PM
theresa
4th Gear Member

No It's an automatic. I like show, and go, and I want bad *** too. But you guys have to cut me a little slack and spell it out for me. I don't know what all that means. Gears? What the hell does that mean? Hey, Mustanggt9, your little girl on the side there looks like me last night LMAO
Old 05-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Mustanggt9589
3rd Gear Member

LMAO thats awesome. I'm sure your husband has no regrets about getting you that mustang if you put on that little top and did a jump for him. I mean if you want to start out small get a cold air intake. You can get a K&N for about ike 200 or so it just sucks more cold air into the engine and might give you like 10 hp its debateable. It also will help your gas mileage some. As for gears they just allow you to get off the line better. Heres a link to what they look like. But if you dont plan on racing it i think its kind of a waste of money.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-07-mustang-gears.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just ordered exhaust!!!!!!